Resolved
1.6

Update by user Mar 31

AlexTrac requested I call back to resolve issue (refund). I spent 28 more minutes but was transferred to Elder in refund department.

Within a few minutes he had authorized a refund.

Why I spent 56 minutes yesterday and STILL was refused a refund by Angelica is beyond me. Regardless, they HAVE issued me a confirmation number that the second (extra) charge is being refunded.

Original review posted by user Mar 31

Have used Tracfone for years with annual plan. One month before year end expiry, I used a promo code they sent, to up for another year.

Four days before regular expiry date, I received an email saying my year end was coming and I would be charged for another year. I responded to the email telling them I had already renewed with their promo and not to charge for another year. I had previously cancelled the auto refill. Sure enough they charged ANOTHER year with auto refill.

I spent 56 minutes talking to 3 different reps moving up to Angelica, floor manager, trying to get them to refund the extra year’s charge of $131+. They said they had NO record of the auto refill cancellation. I told them to look at their own website that was telling me I had NO credit card on record that was active for auto refill.

She said might be a problem with their own website and continued to REFUSE a refund. I’ll be taking this up with my bank but what a bunch of crooks!

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Phone Plan.

TracFone Cons: Customer service ripoff, Unempowered service reps.

Comments

h.kitchener

They may not have seen the auto renew charge because there is usually a "lag" period of time for it to post to their website/your records online. The charge will show up really fast on your credit card but will take some (unknown)time for the data to show up in their/your online account.

This is the problem with using a credit or, worse a debit card for these things.

Best to always get an invoice or bill and pay it by check. In your case, just dispute the charge but never pay for something you don't owe.