1.5

Now that the issue is resolved, I can warn people that the simple act of trying to port a Google Voice number to Tracfone took a full 30 days, a minimum of 6hrs of my time trying to talk to tech reps, 5 or 6 trouble tickets and countless broken promises of callbacks, email or follow-up from reps.

I don't rant about mobile companies often. I've carried a mobile since 1988 and dealt with a dozen or more companies over the years.. they all suck in one way or another, but this is absolutely the worst. I could not do a thing with this number for 30 days... I couldn't even port it to another carrier once it was in the Tracfone system as you have to have a functioning phone in good standing in order to port a number out.

If you want to be trapped and at the mercy of a bunch of English as a second language reps who don't deliver what they promise... go Tracfone. If you want a real wireless company, I recommend Verizon which is where I keep my primary number.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $500. The author is overall dissatisfied with Tracfone. The most disappointing about tracfone prepaid from Tracfone was phone number being unuseable for 30 days Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Tracfone.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Tracfone to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Tracfone?

Comments

TRolfson

There could be many good reasons. Tracfone should be able to port a number and not disable it for 30 days.

Why would you want to port google voice number???? Why not just get a new number??

AlexTrac

Hi.I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.

to AlexTrac Racine, Wisconsin, United States #1092744

Alex, I sent 2 emails prior and got no reply.There's nothing left to resolve.

Your automated script reply is as useless as all the other methods of customer service I tried.

People: This is the same scripted reply I got before.2 Emails to that address convinced me they don't care no matter who you contact in the company.