Tracfone - Unhappy with new phone battery life un-acceptable which is a moot point as it would not allow outgoing calls after being activated

wanted phone with wifi connectivity - purchased a tracfone U671c had it activated and my air time transferred --- then trouble began --- the new phone received messages only from tracfone - but not calls nor anything else from anybody else --- meanwhile my old phone was de-activated [old phone was working perfectly until that time] called customer service several times and got no satisfaction at all --- last person ended up telling me that the 'carrier' had just switched to 3g and that the phone would not work until they [the carrier] switched something else --- those comments set a flag in my mind as the old phone had been working on 3g at least according to the phone its-self ....after waiting again for hours and hours the new phone was re-activated however it still didnt work ...

called cust service once again and was told nothing could be done until a new battery was installed and it would arrive in 2 days --- to make a long story slightly shorter --- it arrived, was installed and was not much better than the first one meaning the phone still didnt power up very long - not even close to the 5 or 6 days as claimed --- meanwhile I called again wanting the new phone replaced w/a model from a different maker which in my mind should not have been a problem as I had purchased it from them - said question was never answered and still remains --- now they are both totally useless --- I also noticed that I was charged for shipping which according to the web site should not have been 'free shipping on orders over 19.99' .... now then, the old phone tells me that it has another unregistered sim card [which has been changed at their direction] which cant be re-activated ...

so now I have two trakfones that are useless not to mention my incoming phone number has been changed at least three times with out telling me what it is --- this has also cost me 15 or twenty paid for service days with out service ### so what do I want, you ask: my new U671c replaced with a model that works, activated and working and my missing service days restored to the amount they were before all this happened --- as you may have guessed so far I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER --- Very Sincerely --- M.B.Pickett

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Heavy indian accent
    • Representatives incapable of taking action
    • Defective product and useless

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Trackfone Prepaid Service
Review category
review #827000

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Tracfone? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 10 #1142276

Hi. I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to

Apr 10 #1142275

Apr 13 #1144114 Scio, Oregon

answered your 'comment' --- it appears that nothing is being done to correct problem(s) --- when can I expect anything to happen ??

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.