I purchased a tracfone on 12/24. I could not receive calls on this phone. Called customer service. They were unable to fix the issue so I bought a 2nd phone of a different model that same evening as I needed a working cell phone. 2nd phone had same issue. Could make but not receive any calls. Calls would not go through at all. Would just receive a fast busy signal or message to check the number and try again.

Spoke with customer service December 24, 26,27,28,29, 30 and 31st. No one was able to resolve the problem with my phones. On 31st a rep "accidently" deactivated my 1st phone and caused me to lose all my minutes I'd paid for.(She laughed when I told her the phone was showing a message that said "disabled".)

After speaking with her superivsor, the supervisor stated she'd send me ONE replacement phone. I received the replacement phone on Jan. 4th. Called to activate and got message that phone was already active. Called Executive Customer Relations and rep had me enter codes and a phone number was assigned to the phone (he never asked for my zip code) It was an area code for New Mexico. I live in Ohio which means if I used the phone I'd incur roaming charges (double minutes) I advised the rep the phone number needed to be changed and he tried to do this but just made the sim card invalid (the message that came up on my screen). He said he'd have to send me a new sim card.

I received the new sim card on Jan. 6th and called to activate the phone. I received the same message saying the phone was already active (means it is a refurbished phone, even though I paid for two brand new phones). Called customer service Executive Relations again and was assigned a local phone number. A long story short- this phone has the same problem as the first two phones. I can not receive calls on this phone!

So the replacement phone they sent me has the same defect as the two I purchased. I called customer service again to report the problem and the rep said I had to wait twenty four hours to see if the problem corrected itself. It is not going to correct itself. I have two other phones that have not worked since Dec. 24th and now the replacement has the exact same issue!

I have requested a refund on several occasions and the reps refuse to honor this request. Tracfone has had more than enough time to correct the problem but instead I have 3 tracfones that do not work properly. They advise me to return them to the retailer but the stores I bought them at will not take them back as they are open and have been used(or at least attempted to use). It should not be the retail stores' problem when it is obviously tracfone's error as the phone they sent me has the same issue as well.

I have spent over 10 hours on the phone with customer service and during this time I've never been rude or abusive and yet I've been hung up on without warning, had my phone deactivated and minutes lost, been laughed at, been kept on hold for 20 minutes, had a rep take my info and pretend to help me for the next 15 minutes and then ask for my info all over again admitting she didnt' do anything in the first place! The frustration goes on and on!

There is NO excuse for such poor customer service. It is as though they try to be as useless as possible and just keep putting you on hold while they "work" until you just hang up out of frustration or the fact that you don't have over an hour to spend on the phone with them.

Review about: Tracfone Sim Card.

Had an Experience with Tracfone?

Comments