Verified Reviewer

Resolved: TracFone - Stay away from this company!!

Update by user Jan 10

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product replacement. TF sent me a brand new model of same phone sent in for replacement..

Original review updated by user Jan 10
After going thru 4 SIM cards in 3 months,I called to return for a replacement phone.It is now 6 days since they have received the defective phone.I have NOT gotten my replacement phone yet.I have called and chatted with the *** who 'work' there.I was told 3-5 days after they received the defective phone that I would receive new one.NOW they tell me 7-10 days.It took a total of one month to get this issue resolved.

User's recommendation: Do not buy a phone from these shysters.

Resolved
Sterling, Illinois

TracFone - Recent experience

Good morning I just got off the phone with somebody from TracFone SafeLink wireless ASL belong to the same company I was told that the well first of all they are TracFone the products are we cover your car up to 60 days RT accessories like the battery the and I was told I would have to purchase a replacement charger which I had reported I really think it's really *** what are these people the only good and they let the system determine that's the problem that let the system determine about all this they don't do no real tech support they don't do no replacement of SafeLink or TracFone wireless and also they sent me the wrong phone and they're saying all we can't send you another phone but I would really like very much for everybody to take a note don't go through SafeLink it would be the worst mistake you ever make SafeLink is not a good company they do not care about their customers

Hi TurbulentSilverDollar742. I'm Alex from TracFone Wireless.

I noticed your post on this blog and I want to help you. Please copy and paste this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Tracfone Replacement
Cons
  • See my complaint
  • Tech help poor people skill lack tolerance understanding
  • Rude customer service
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Replacement of phone and or new battery new charger for the present TracFone I currently have
My phone was lost or stolen how can I get a new one and new sim but keep my old number

Hi AmusedShark468. This is Alex from TracFone Wireles.

I'm really sorry for what happened to your phone. To keep your phone number, you have to purchase a new phone. Then, we'll be the one to help you transfer your minutes and service days to the new phone. If you have further questions, feel free to chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Tracfone Replacement
finally talked to a person who advised that I could get a replacement phone and did not have to return the bad one . Will wait for the new one. Retract my bad comments !

Hi, PissedConsumer1538294. This is AlexTrac from TracFone Wireless.

We are glad to know that you are getting your replacement phone. In case you need assistance, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. You can also call us at 1-800-867-7183.

Tracfone Replacement
I received a notice from Tracfone telling me to call to get a free replacement phone since my existing phone is 2G and they are going to 3G in this area. I called the number and, after 45 minutes, finally completed the process to get my free phone. When I asked about...

Two members of our household had tracphones and got the same message, but at different times. I got mine first and did get a replacement phone of the same type.

The other member got the message, I completed all the requirements for them, but the phone never arrived. They had thousands of minutes (never used the phone) and now they're long gone.

Not happy with tracphone, but I can't afford a smart phone. Will continue using them, but won't recommend them anymore.

Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
Tracfone Replacement
Pros
  • Lg phone
Cons
  • Bait-and-switch
  • Non english speaking customer service
Preferred solution
Send the $19.99 phone as the FREE 3G Upgrade and a shipping label so I can return the $9.99 model A205G

Lied-to by Tracfone!!!

For OVER TWO-MONTHS now, I've been trying to get a replacement for my Android Tracfone (the first one I purchased stopped working!). After MUCH back-and-forth, (NOT TO MENTION THE HOURS, YES-HOURS, SPENT ON THE PHONE WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!), they FINALLY sent me one (Android phone) that will, at least take a charge and turn-on! But now my one-year service-card has expired! One Tracfone representative told me she'd keep my service active until Sept. 30, 2015- to allow me time to find my proof of purchase of my last purchased service-card from them. Yesterday,(Sept. 21, 2015), I was informed by a different Tracfone rep. that the previous rep. had NO right to make me that promise AND my phone had been DE-activated! So now, I must purchase a NEW service-card, just to re-activate my phone, then, I'd be ALLOWED to purchase a "family value plan". The last Tracfone rep. I spoke with admitted to me that I'd been LIED-TO!!! Unfortunately, she had NO interest in "making ANYTHING right" for me-her ONLY interest was in SELLING ME EVEN MORE OF THEIR PRODUCTS-NAMELY, ANOTHER SERVICE-CARD!!! At which point, I hung-up>>>INFURIATED! (The last rep. I spoke with informed me that if no service-card is added to this phone within sixty-days of it being de-activated, I will lose ALL of the seven-hundred and thirty-five minutes in THAT phone!! NICE, RIGHT?).

San Antonio, Texas
Tracfone Replacement
Cons
  • Tracfone customer service
  • I hate to be lied to
Preferred solution
The company should adhere to their original promise: re-activate my phone and allow me to purchase a "family value plan". Or, simply refund me, at least, my EXTREMELY LOW estimated value of my loss-$162.00.

TracFone - Samsung Galaxy Centura unable to reach voicemail

I purchased the Centura phone and found out I could not get into my voicemail After 45 minutes with a tech, she decided the phone needed to be replaced. The replaement had the same problem. I belive the phone is ok, but I believe Tracfone system is incapitable with this phone. I requested a flip phone as a replacement and was advised they could not down grade even though I asked for a even exchange for a cheaper phone. They wanted to send a like phone and I said forget it, I can't put up with the hassel. At this point I am not sure if I will stay with Tracfone
ID
#702020 Review #702020 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lansing, Michigan

TracFone - Terrible company rips customers off

i have been a customer of tracfone for many years, i recently puchased a new android phone, but it didnt work, the reps said it was defective, i sent it back, wanted a refund but instead they sent me replacement phone, which was also defective, i sent the 2nd one back and am now waiting for a 3rd replacement, they wont refund my money. i have talked to or tried to talk to customer service, the refund department and a rep at the corporate office. if you can understand their broken english, they are still no help, i have been treated rudely, hung up on, while i was talking to the rep in corporate someone was in the background cursing. So i tried live chat which is worse if you can believe it, i ask the rep some questions and he promply ended the session. so im not getting my money back and im waiting on the 3RD phone, which most likely by my past experience, will also be defective. i filed a claim with the bbb and it was a waste of time, tracfone is BBB accredited, if you can believe that. How can the bbb accredit a business like this. also on the BBB website there is an alert on tracfone. there is a classaction suit against tracfone and they have to pay out $40 million to customer, they advertised unlimted use and they would slow customers phones down or turn their phones off. so all i can say is DONT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY

Proctorville, Ohio

TracFone - Customer Service doesn't help

We have been dealing with customer service over a year. They will tell you anything to get you off the phone including outright lying to you. They don't keep records because you have to go through the information about the issue every time you and no one knows what the other person said. We have reached the point where our technical issue needed to be resolved by a "special department" which closed at 8. They gave us a different number to call and we called it; the person on the phone said they were in the department we needed to speak to but once it was after 8 we were informed that we needed to speak to the other department.. This happened a few times. Every time we ask to speak to a manager we are told that there is none available or the person is a manager. Finally they said ship the phone back and once we called with the tracking number they would ship a new phone out. We called March 31 with the tracking number. The phone we shipped arrived on April 1. We were just told the phone was shipped out today (will believe it when I see it). Their reason for shipping it over a week after they received the phone was because of the holiday according the "manager" who answered the phone. If you phone is working then the service if fine but heaven help you if you have a problem because you will be in customer service ***

I am Alex and I work with TracFone Wireless. I read your post and thought you could use some help.

We can fix this right away. We would need you to send us your account information to this email address TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or serial number.

Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Thanks.

Alex

TracFone Wireless

ID
#619585 Review #619585 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Auburndale, Florida

TracFone Reviews

TracFone reviews

Tracfone - Replacement Review from Galliano, Louisiana

Trackfone sucks. I bought a trackphone phone from there website. I added minutes to the phone. The phone I bought does not have good service here. Customer service keep telling me it was the phone and not the service area. They sent me a new phone. The second phone didnt work either. Kept saying no service so they sent me a replacement sims card which I got today. Now the phone working but my minutes havent been transferred over from the old phone to the new phone. And tracfone said there nothing they can do about it. I will not and do not recommend this company to anyone. They are a scam. And god forbid they should hire someone who actually speaks English.

Have a Tracfone LG 440G that keeps losing service. Live in the Berwick, Louisiana area.

Is there an upgrade for this phone that will help keep the phone in service.

Phone serial number:013 294 *** *47 369. Contact email : mc451ljmichel@***.net Thanks LJ Michel

We're sorry for the trouble.

To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com. Thanks.

View more comments (1)
Galliano, Louisiana
Damaged or defective

TracFone - New phone keeps locking up.

I have been a TracPhone customer for many years. I recently replaced my old TracPhone with a new one about a week ago. In that week the new phone has locked up 3 times. The only way to get it working again is to take out the battery and reinstall it again. I called them and they will only replace it is after they receive the old one back. In other words they want me to go without a phone for two or three weeks while they will replace it. I told them I would return it in the box the replacement came that same day but they are not willing to do that. I will never get another phone them.
#1200323

Hi, I just got a safelink alcatel cell phone.

It needs unlock the keypad every 30 seconds!

How to solve the nuisance?

Thank you!

Carl

#1201183
@PissedConsumer1200323

Hi. I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless. To assist you in resolving your issue, please send us an email with your account information to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.

Hi. I am Alex from TracFone Wireless.

I notice your inquiry and would like to be of assistance. For further information, please send us an email to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.

Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email to us. Thanks.

View more comments (2)
West Des Moines, Iowa
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

TracFone - “A replacement phone was sent out and should arrive in one to two business days” NOT!!

My 3 month old phone would not charge, so I called Tracfone on September 22nd, and was told a replacement will be sent and should arrive in 3 to 5 days. It is now October 15th and I have not seen a phone yet. Here are some details: After 5 days, instead of a replacement phone I received an empty Fed-EX envelope with directions on how to mail back my defective phone and told the replacement would be sent out when they received my old phone. I waited a few days and logged in to check on the status of my ticket, and was told that a replacement phone was sent out and should arrive in one to two business days. So I waited and after 3 days I checked again and received the same message. I called 10/7/14, and was transferred to the corporate office, where I was told I would receive the phone by October 12th at the latest. I asked for a Fed Ex tracking number so I could verify that the phone was sent out. I was told that would take 24 hours and they would e-mail me the number. It was a holiday weekend, so giving them the benefit of the doubt I waited till the 14th to call them. After a lengthy discussion with someone from the corporate office it was determined that the tracking number was generated in 2013 and sometime last year my phone was shipped to Sherman Texas. The service presentative said he created a new case file and escalated it to upper management. I was told that they would contact me by e-mail in less than 24 hours to verify that my phone was shipped and give me a new tracking number. No e-mail arrived so I called them back after waiting another day. I had to go through the same conversation, I was even told that the tracking number indicated the phone was delivered to Texas last year. I finally got to talk to the same representative who I talked to the day before, and he indicated that they had contacted the warehouse and were looking into it, but first they had to verify the previous tracking number was incorrect and I did not already receive the phone (last year when I was in Sherman Tx). However, they would definitely send out a phone tomorrow, and I should receive it in 3 to 5 days. I asked for the Fed-ex tracking number so I could verify that the phone was sent and was told it would take 24 to 48 hours to get the tracking number. Meanwhile I have been without a phone for close to a month.

Just had the same thing happened to me from straight talk

@PissedConsumer892110

Hi. I am Alex from TracFone.

For your issues or concern, you send me an email to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.

You may also chat with us live at http://bit.ly/18WfOoC. Thank you.

Hi. I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com. Please copy and paste your issue from this blog and include it in your email to us.

You may also chat with us live at http://bit.ly/18WfOoC. Thanks.

View more comments (3)
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Purchased an LG tracfone in white with 1200min. in Febuary 2014

In June 2014, my phone stopped working sent it back to tracfone activated but when i got my replacement phone it was not activated, i have called tracfone on several occasions to find out what happened to my unused minutes and airtime they keep insisting i have no minutes and that i will have to purchase a new minute card with airtime to activate my replacement phone. I am very dissappointed with tracfone because i have been a customer for a number of years because it works for me. I have a home phone and only need to use a cell phone for emergencies and don't neccessarily need another bill. Also when i received my new phone they sent me a black phone when i had a white phone without informing me that they were not sending me a white phone. Hsn really has not been much help in helping me resolve this issue.

I am Alex and I work with TracFone Wireless. Please let me help you get this resolved.

Send me an email at TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number.

Just copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email to us or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/18WfOoC. We will fix this for you.

Loss
Just did a online chat with the company and they told me that since my phone is inactive that I couldn't receive calls, text or voicemail. Before I got a change to respone to them, they cut me off! The only reason my phone is inactive is that they're sending me a...

Hi! We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Let us help you.

Please send us an email with your account information at TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/18WfOoC.

Alex

TracFone Wireless

ID
#491919 Review #491919 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lusby, Maryland
Tracfone Replacement
Moving my phone number from old tracfone to new. Should have been easy from the website. Had issues though that required a customer service call to a country which does NOT have English as their primary language. I had to have them repeat what they said dozens of...

FedEx uses the postal service for many deliveries.

Winchester, Virginia