Purchased a Tracfone phone for my elderly mother.When it came time to add minutes to her phone I subsequently purchased a Tracfone Airtime/Refill Card from Walmart.

When the PIN from the newly purchased Airtime/Refill Card was entered to activate it, it rejected the information with a message stating that her phone number was not in Tracfone's system. Called Tracfone's 'customer service' number numerous times and was told my mother's phone was not a 'Tracfone' but a 'Net 10' phone. Wait. What?

The box the new phone came in and all of the literature when it was purchased had TRACFONE clearly printed all over it. This same phone was activated as a TRACFONE. Tracfone and Net 10 are products owned by the SAME company. Now, this scam company is renaming my mother's phone a 'Net 10' phone and because of this they can't transfer the already purchased minutes over to her phone nor issue a refund.

They also had the audacity to tell me I had to now purchase a 'Net 10' card to add minutes to the phone, otherwise nothing else could be done. Walmart said they can't issue a refund because the card is non-refundable. Essentially, Tracfone got my money and I didn't receive the service I paid for.

I'm providing this information so that Tracfone/Net 10 is exposed for the fraud that it is.If I could give Tracfone/Net 10 a ZERO or below rating I would.

Review about: Tracfone Service Transfer.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with Tracfone?

Comments

AlexTrac

Hi.I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

Let me help you in resolving that issue.To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to tracfone@fb-tracfone.com.