Update added by user Jun 08, 2015
This is just one thing after another!I setup my mother's phone on my value plan.
The other day it stopped working. I login to my account and seems my current, working credit card was declined for 3 months!!!? I have been using it with success so it's not the card. My phone is working, but now I have to pay an activation fee again!!!
for the other phone!? I go on chat support and they just flat out deny any fault in their system, I wasn't written, called, texted or anything saying my card was not being accepted. They just keep saying it's not our fault pay us more blah blah. If there were any other options in my area for pay as you go phones, I'd run not walk away from Tracfone.
Again, just as crooked as their parent company Verizon.
I'm so sick of their lies.Off to pay them for something I didn't even *** up, they did.
Update added by user Mar 19, 2015
I had thought I resolved this issue, but like everything else it's misinformation, double talk, and lying.I had gotten extended service dates on both my phones thinking maybe since they charged me 5 times last month I was getting some sort of discount until July of this year.
No. I got charged yesterday for my plan, and asked the company tonight what the deal was since my service for one phone was to renew in July and the other phone in April. They said I was still on auto-renew but if I took it off that wouldn't happen. I said, Oh ok then it won't cancel my service or mess up my family plan?
Oh no, they responded. Not trusting them I contacted a different rep a few minutes later, Yes this is correct, she said. Ok sign me up then but to make sure this won't dissolve the family plan I paid for 5 times last month trying to setup. Well, you have to cancel your family plan in order to get out of auto-renew.
NOOOOOOO! What crazy talk is this? I just wanted to save a few bucks not paying for minutes until July, but noooo in order to do that I have to continue to pay monthly and have some crazy end service dates that meant nothing from my previous post.
No resolution, no supposed refund, and more double talk.These people should work for the mob.
Original review posted by user Feb 17, 2015
All I wanted was to buy my mother a cheap phone. Well It started out that way. I got her the phone and put it on the "free" (actually $5.99 plus tax) plan on Tracfone. Until I knew it worked in our area. I decided to change the plan, the website would not let me change the plan until the free plan was cancelled. So I cancelled it. Then it stated I could not enroll the phone until the service date was up, which was yesterday.
So I got on the website to change the plan and low and behold the phone was inactive. I was informed it needed to be reactivated with a airtime card. I didn't have a card, so I bought one through their chat support and was told I could then change the phone to the family plan to avoid this again. Ok. I get on the website, no dice. Still cannot change the plan on either phone. I get on chat support (mostly cause they cannot speak english on the phone) for the 4th time! and get a rep that says she can do it all for me.
Great! I asked to change both phones to the Family plan. "That's a charge for 11.36$ do you want to proceed?"
I said "Wait, is that now?"
"I did not say you would be charged now, it would be on the next service date."
My next service date was 3/26/15 so I agreed.
Guess what? I was charged twice in one night! 4 times in a month! Once for my monthly plan last week, once for the airtime card, once for the enrollment in a different plan, and so on even when they say they won't charge you they do.
I explained this to the next rep who got on, since the previous rep didn't answer my questions and switched me to someone else in the middle of the chat. This was 4 hrs and 5 reps later I might add. I was not very nice at this point.
I asked this other rep since I was flat out lied to, could I get a discount or some sort of credit. An emphatic "No" was my answer. So I get charged 3 times in one night just to switch a plan to SAVE money, who's the sap? Don't be like me. Just say no to their deals, or never change your plan. You'll pay for it.
All and all, this cheap phone for my Mom and myself ended up costing me 50 dollars in other fees in the span of one night. So if you think you are saving money with them, don't. They are just as bad if not worse than their parent company, Verizon. Double talk, lies, and denial is their middle name.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Cost when i used very few minutes
- Cost and no contract
What I disliked
- Rude customer service people
- Over charged for services
- Website unreliable
- Had to pay for their mistakes
- No refunds given their mistakes
- Reason of review:
- Lied to, not notified of charges, no refund for their lies and incompetence. Charged 4 times in one month, 3 times in same night.
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Phone Plan Change
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I've been trying to restore service with my new tracfone for several weeks. I had to move my service from my old Tracfone to my new Tracfone because my..."
- "OMG. Been with tracfone for years. Now since July when they reported a 1.8 billion loss, service across the US is bad. On Facebook, they give you a standard reply..."
- "MANTHISSITESUCKS.com singsnapsucks2.com Malicious and Libelous Activity Internet http://www.ripoffreport.com/questionable-activities/manthissitesucks-com/manthissitesucks-com-singsnaps-68fad.htm 3Author3Consumer0Employee/Owner Report Details MANTHISSITESUCKS.com 1902 Pueble Drive Internet United States of America Phone: 9514913283 Web: www.singsnapsucks2.com/ Category: Questionable Activities ArbitrateSet the record straight! Singsnapsucks2.com changed to MANTHISSITESUCKS.com is a hate site..."
- "Drive With Pride - August 2016 Mini Cooper 2010- Had Check Engine light come on when driving vehicle home. Tried to return car, as stated below “72” hour buy back..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "I purchased a reload it pack in the beginning of December 2016. I attempted to set up an account on their website. (This is my first ever experience with this..."
- "Deceitful ad stated specifically there would be a risk-free, no additional charge trial and offered a few add-on sales at a "special" $25. I was careful about checking the fine..."
- "So I'm eating spinach and I find a stick. Not too bad till I get to the bug.... Pretty *** nasty. And of coarse, I can't find contact information for..."
- "I purchased the trial amount for $4.95 and paid for an additional eye cream and ProSerum cream that was recommended for optimal results. I read the fine print to make..."