I recently purchased a new TracFone, on the TrackFone website, with the intent of transferring my existing cell phone number, and my unused 497 minutes, from my old TracFone to my new TracFone. The new TracFone arrived with a red instruction card, with the new phone's serial number and instructions on how to activate it.

I went on the TracFone website to activate my new phone. I followed all the instructions but could not activate my new phone.

I called TracFone customer service and over a period of several days, and many phone calls, I found out that the serial number given on the red card was incorrect, that my old phone number is no longer available to me, that my 497 unused minutes is now lost, that my old phone was disconnected and could not be restored, and I was suspected of some kind of fraud.

TracFone wanted me to go to a retail store and to purchase a new time card. I declined as this would cost me more, per minute, than my existing TracFone Family Plan, plus I would lose my existing minutes. TracFone would not mail me a new time card nor transfer my unused minutes to my wife's phone. They would do nothing to correct their error.

Being without a cell phone, I had to purchase a replacement. I am now stuck with a new phone number and have to notify everyone of such.

I spent many hours on my land phone talking to TracFone Customer Service, mostly talking to a computer, without any results and I would not recommend TracFone to anyone.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to have the product delivered. wltmarr is overall dissatisfied with Tracfone and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about tracfone service transfer at Tracfone was being told i lost all my minutes and had to pay for their mistakes Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Tracfone.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Tracfone to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Tracfone?

Comments

What is the problem with total, straight talk, simple, and also tracfone. All the same problem and no help. Overseases is not good

AlexTrac

Hi.I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.

Please copy and paste your issue from this blog and include it in your email to us.