Tracfone deactivated my phone for no reason

Update added by user Aug 29

Paid the 39.99 and called tracfone. All prior minutes, text, data restored + the 200 min tripled very surprised.

Update added by user Aug 29

If I purchase the $39.99 card then I will get the following but nothing I had already paid for will be returned.

Yes, you will receive triple minutes for voice, SMS/MMS, and data.

We can also retrieve you phone number.Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry.

Original review posted by user Aug 27

I checked my balance on 8-24-16 and had over 3800 minutes,4400MB data, 3300 text, and service was good until 10-13-16.Eight hours later I go to use my phone it was deactivated.

Called tracfone reps several time to get hung up on and told many different stories of why. Next day tried again to speak to customer service and was told I have to purchase a $39.99 card with 200 minutes and nothing else could be done and to call back when I purchase it, then once again click hung up on. I was told that I did not purchase minutes for this phone, which is correct but on 12-7-15 I transferred 4950 minutes over to this phone because I upgraded it and got a text with the amount and my service is active thru 10-13-16. I then called corporate head quarters and talked to a rep that seemed to be concerned took my name and number and said she would call me back on Friday, guess what no call imagine that.

She said she works till 7PM and then I tried calling and they are closed at 5PM.

Sitting here with no phone and a loss of 3800 plus minutes gone and to get my number back I can only purchase the 200 minute $39.99 card ( the only one that loss prevention stated I could buy).Does this sound like blackmail or what but I guess when tracfone losses over 458,000 customers and 1.8 billion dollars in a year, you develop a scheme to make money back @ $40 a clip.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Coverage Area
Style and Design

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
reactivate my phone with the minutes i had remaining
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
review #908122 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Tracfone? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 28 #1204760

Hi. I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Tracfone. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Tracfone.
Filing a new complaint about