Tracfone deactivated my phone for no reason
Update added by user Aug 29
Paid the 39.99 and called tracfone. All prior minutes, text, data restored + the 200 min tripled very surprised.
Update added by user Aug 29
If I purchase the $39.99 card then I will get the following but nothing I had already paid for will be returned.
Yes, you will receive triple minutes for voice, SMS/MMS, and data.
We can also retrieve you phone number.Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry.
Original review posted by user Aug 27
I checked my balance on 8-24-16 and had over 3800 minutes,4400MB data, 3300 text, and service was good until 10-13-16.Eight hours later I go to use my phone it was deactivated.
Called tracfone reps several time to get hung up on and told many different stories of why. Next day tried again to speak to customer service and was told I have to purchase a $39.99 card with 200 minutes and nothing else could be done and to call back when I purchase it, then once again click hung up on. I was told that I did not purchase minutes for this phone, which is correct but on 12-7-15 I transferred 4950 minutes over to this phone because I upgraded it and got a text with the amount and my service is active thru 10-13-16. I then called corporate head quarters and talked to a rep that seemed to be concerned took my name and number and said she would call me back on Friday, guess what no call imagine that.
She said she works till 7PM and then I tried calling and they are closed at 5PM.
Sitting here with no phone and a loss of 3800 plus minutes gone and to get my number back I can only purchase the 200 minute $39.99 card ( the only one that loss prevention stated I could buy).Does this sound like blackmail or what but I guess when tracfone losses over 458,000 customers and 1.8 billion dollars in a year, you develop a scheme to make money back @ $40 a clip.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
You May Also Like
- "Started in May 2nd 2016. Services intermittent. Called in spoke with Dana Smith. Was advices problem was with old equipment. I agreed to newer equipments and higher speeds. May 9th,..."
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "All I wanted was to buy my mother a cheap phone. Well It started out that way. I got her the phone and put it on the "free" (actually $5.99..."
- "I ordered a "new" starter for my Chevy Avalanche. They sent me a used starter that didn't even fit my vehicle. After several emails and several phone calls they finally..."
- "I went too get this can out of the 24pack and almost cut my self I'm not too happy I just want you guys too be more careful that's all..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."
- "Bought a rifle for almost $1,000 and has a caving dent on the dust cover, of course the display rifle was perfectly fine. Seems like they chose to give me..."
- "I was expecting an overnight envelope but it was delayed for a week. Followed up with email and calls but was told due to Thanksgiving, volume is high and just..."