Tracfone deactivated my phone for no reason
Update added by user Aug 29, 2016
Paid the 39.99 and called tracfone. All prior minutes, text, data restored + the 200 min tripled very surprised.
Update added by user Aug 29, 2016
If I purchase the $39.99 card then I will get the following but nothing I had already paid for will be returned.
Yes, you will receive triple minutes for voice, SMS/MMS, and data.
We can also retrieve you phone number.Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry.
Original review posted by user Aug 27, 2016
I checked my balance on 8-24-16 and had over 3800 minutes,4400MB data, 3300 text, and service was good until 10-13-16.Eight hours later I go to use my phone it was deactivated.
Called tracfone reps several time to get hung up on and told many different stories of why. Next day tried again to speak to customer service and was told I have to purchase a $39.99 card with 200 minutes and nothing else could be done and to call back when I purchase it, then once again click hung up on. I was told that I did not purchase minutes for this phone, which is correct but on 12-7-15 I transferred 4950 minutes over to this phone because I upgraded it and got a text with the amount and my service is active thru 10-13-16. I then called corporate head quarters and talked to a rep that seemed to be concerned took my name and number and said she would call me back on Friday, guess what no call imagine that.
She said she works till 7PM and then I tried calling and they are closed at 5PM.
Sitting here with no phone and a loss of 3800 plus minutes gone and to get my number back I can only purchase the 200 minute $39.99 card ( the only one that loss prevention stated I could buy).Does this sound like blackmail or what but I guess when tracfone losses over 458,000 customers and 1.8 billion dollars in a year, you develop a scheme to make money back @ $40 a clip.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hello. DirectTV installed a big satellite dish on the (newer) roof of my home-that I rent out in Copperas Cove. My tenant claims his mother had ordered the service (long..."
- "This start on July 19-21 last month when I wasn't getting no signal for no reason then on Aug. 1st I email them saying that I'm not getting a signal..."
- " Shanda Lancaster Spokesperson For SingsnapSpreading libel in the name of Singsnap/Singsnap's personal advocateShanda Lancaster has become the spokesperson for the web site singsnap.com, an online karaoke web site where..."
- "I shopped in Emeryville California Ikea store and opted for home delivery service. This store is about 35 miles from my house in Dublin CA. Delivery was scheduled for 01/11/2016..."
- "We ordered a shower finish trim kit from KB kitchen and Bath. It took 3 weeks to get. It took us a little longer to finish to tile in the..."
- "I hired Chuck Messina for a divorce. It was a nightmare. He dragged my case forever by creating false problems and giving me false hope. Charles Messina ended up making..."
- "I ordered a "new" starter for my Chevy Avalanche. They sent me a used starter that didn't even fit my vehicle. After several emails and several phone calls they finally..."
- "I went too get this can out of the 24pack and almost cut my self I'm not too happy I just want you guys too be more careful that's all..."