Plattsburgh, New York
Featured Resolved

Update by user Aug 29, 2016

Paid the 39.99 and called tracfone. All prior minutes, text, data restored + the 200 min tripled very surprised.

Update by user Aug 29, 2016

If I purchase the $39.99 card then I will get the following but nothing I had already paid for will be returned.

Tracfone

Yes, you will receive triple minutes for voice, SMS/MMS, and data.

We can also retrieve you phone number.Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry.

Original review posted by user Aug 27, 2016

I checked my balance on 8-24-16 and had over 3800 minutes,4400MB data, 3300 text, and service was good until 10-13-16.Eight hours later I go to use my phone it was deactivated.

Called tracfone reps several time to get hung up on and told many different stories of why. Next day tried again to speak to customer service and was told I have to purchase a $39.99 card with 200 minutes and nothing else could be done and to call back when I purchase it, then once again click hung up on. I was told that I did not purchase minutes for this phone, which is correct but on 12-7-15 I transferred 4950 minutes over to this phone because I upgraded it and got a text with the amount and my service is active thru 10-13-16. I then called corporate head quarters and talked to a rep that seemed to be concerned took my name and number and said she would call me back on Friday, guess what no call imagine that.

She said she works till 7PM and then I tried calling and they are closed at 5PM.

Sitting here with no phone and a loss of 3800 plus minutes gone and to get my number back I can only purchase the 200 minute $39.99 card ( the only one that loss prevention stated I could buy).Does this sound like blackmail or what but I guess when tracfone losses over 458,000 customers and 1.8 billion dollars in a year, you develop a scheme to make money back @ $40 a clip.

3.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $250
Preferred solution reactivate my phone with the minutes i had remaining

Had an Experience with Tracfone?

Comments

Yonkers, New York, United States #1272966

Trouble all the way around.No one to solve any problems.

They are always right.Their first, middle, and last names are fraud.

AlexTrac
#1204760

Hi.I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.