Tracfone deactivated my phone for no reason
Update added by user Aug 29
Paid the 39.99 and called tracfone. All prior minutes, text, data restored + the 200 min tripled very surprised.
Update added by user Aug 29
If I purchase the $39.99 card then I will get the following but nothing I had already paid for will be returned.
Yes, you will receive triple minutes for voice, SMS/MMS, and data.
We can also retrieve you phone number.Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry.
Original review posted by user Aug 27
I checked my balance on 8-24-16 and had over 3800 minutes,4400MB data, 3300 text, and service was good until 10-13-16.Eight hours later I go to use my phone it was deactivated.
Called tracfone reps several time to get hung up on and told many different stories of why. Next day tried again to speak to customer service and was told I have to purchase a $39.99 card with 200 minutes and nothing else could be done and to call back when I purchase it, then once again click hung up on. I was told that I did not purchase minutes for this phone, which is correct but on 12-7-15 I transferred 4950 minutes over to this phone because I upgraded it and got a text with the amount and my service is active thru 10-13-16. I then called corporate head quarters and talked to a rep that seemed to be concerned took my name and number and said she would call me back on Friday, guess what no call imagine that.
She said she works till 7PM and then I tried calling and they are closed at 5PM.
Sitting here with no phone and a loss of 3800 plus minutes gone and to get my number back I can only purchase the 200 minute $39.99 card ( the only one that loss prevention stated I could buy).Does this sound like blackmail or what but I guess when tracfone losses over 458,000 customers and 1.8 billion dollars in a year, you develop a scheme to make money back @ $40 a clip.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
You May Also Like
- "Let start by saying I usually don't take the time to do this kind of thing...but if I can prevent even 1 person from entering into a "contract" with this..."
- "I have tried it, this is just another statement of lies being used to cover up the point of Fraud in Advertizement of sales. This goes back to the same..."
- "I bought a new Nokia C3 and a month later wanted to switch to a different cell phone service provider. Consumer Cellular would not unlock my phone! They said it..."
- "I went too get this can out of the 24pack and almost cut my self I'm not too happy I just want you guys too be more careful that's all..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."
- "I have been a long term customer of this business with no problem. The first time I had a problem was when they sent me the wrong product. ..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."