3.0

Update by user Jun 04, 2016

The additional info you request is BS.

Original review posted by user Jun 03, 2016

I received a free Altcatel phone from Tracfone as they were dropping their 2G service.The instructions about transferring my old minutes and service to the new phone were complete *** when I tried to do this online.

The online site forced me to contact by phone a Tracfone rep to do the transfer. I had neglected to do the preliminary stuff, and it was my fault that I hadn't even put the battery in. I did this about 6:00 EDT and all I got was someone in India who hardly had a command of English. After not being able to communicate successfully, I hung up and said I'd try to figure out my problem.

But before I could read anything about the problem they called me back and this only confused everything. The main problem (which is largely undocumented) is that the *** Alcatel phone locks itself and then

you have to push the * key followed by the Left Soft Key to unlock it. The incompetent rep seemed to be unaware of my problem, so I asked for his supervisor who was equally incompetent. The next day after finally figuring out the problem, I called to activate and at least got someone who had complete command of English.

Even then it took a ridiculously long time to activate the phone properly as I had to enter about 10 lines of code to transfer my old service and minutes to the new phone.

I've been a customer for more than 10 years and I recall that way back when I had to do manual code entry for an update, but more recently the process was completely simplified.Why the hassle of making it so difficult to transfer the account by having to put in a bunch of code???

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of tracfone service transfer. Tracfone needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned tracfone service transfer in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Tracfone.

Had an Experience with Tracfone?

Comments

AlexTrac

Hi.I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.