Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
14K views

I received a notice from Tracfone telling me to call to get a free replacement phone since my existing phone is 2G and they are going to 3G in this area. I called the number and, after 45 minutes, finally completed the process to get my free phone.

When I asked about the type of phone they were sending, I was told that it would be "whatever was in the warehouse". I specifically stated that my phone has a QWERTY keyboard and that the free phone should have the same. The phone arrived today.....it is the cheapest model they offer - $9.99 - NO QWERTY keyboard and no camera. I spent another hour on the phone arguing with customer service about sending me an inferior phone and got no where.

I would accept the $19.99 phone which seems to be the equivalent of the one that I now have, but the customer service people refused. They said they sent the "only" 3G free phone offered and cannot do anything about my complaint. I offered to return the phone for a $9.99 credit toward the purchase of the better phone. They won't do that either.

I have been a very satisfied customer of Tracfone for many years even recommending them to many friends, co-workers, and family.

They really did not come through this time, so I won't be recommending them in the future.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Replacement.

Preferred solution: Send the $19.99 phone as the FREE 3G Upgrade and a shipping label so I can return the $9.99 model A205G.

I liked: Lg phone.

I didn't like: Non english speaking customer service, Bait-and-switch.

Comments

to AlexTrac Norwalk, Ohio, United States #1193894

I have the feeling AlexTrac is an electronic Parrot, squawk, Hi, I'm Alex from TracFone Wireless

to Anonymous Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, United States #1212728

I wouldn't trust the AlexTrac, something seems weird about it