I damaged my previous Tracfone and bought a replacement. I called in to have the new phone activated and to have the minutes transferred. After 2.5 hours of my older phone being disabled and the new one not activated, I called back. The woman who "helped" me was a little snippy and acted like I was an ***, but since I used to do tech support, I kept my cool. After having me do some things on the new phone, including verifying the number of minutes that should have been on my account, the phone was activated, but with 9 minutes less than I had had. I now have 700.00 minutes. Given that I had not had access to my old phone when it was inactivated, there was no possible way to make or receive calls or messages. Where were those minutes? They claim they transferred 708 minutes, so there's nothing more they can do to help me.
Then I get a text from them to call Customer Care at 1-800-867-7183. I was excited because I thought they'd figured out their mistake. I read somewhere that when you call the company from your Tracfone, time won't be deducted. Wrong! I quickly hung up and called from my landline when I saw time was being deducted. The tech I talked to was polite, but gave me the same story as the first woman and her manager. So now they have 10 minutes that I had yesterday.
It's only 10 minutes, right? And I've wasted a couple of hours on the phone for no satisfaction. But I HATE GETTING RIPPED OFF! Just for their customer's satisfaction and not to have negative reviews on social media, they should add those minutes back and more for the time I wasted on this!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer records
- Poor records or dishonesty in transferring minutes
- Reason of review:
- Return of missing minutes from transfer
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tracfone Activation Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Do yourself a favor and don't have anything to do with these scammers - Jani Ghaffor AKA Jani GMoney AKA Jani G/Chuck Sterling/Digital River Inc/SWREG/CardQuery/PinYourIncome/Pin Cyclone.In researching ways to profit..."
- "Hello. DirectTV installed a big satellite dish on the (newer) roof of my home-that I rent out in Copperas Cove. My tenant claims his mother had ordered the service (long..."
- "All they had to do is install a DISH dish, disconnect the Directv dish and connect the cable to the new dish. Instead they drilled holes, ran cables, cut cables,..."
- "I rented SUV from Santa Clarita, CA location as one way to drop off in Denver CO. 1. The car was dirty from inside and they did not do anything..."
- "Taco Bell 3554 South Tower Rd. Aurora Colorado order #369757 cashier Rachel B. Terrible customer service complete misunderstanding of entire order as if she didn't know the menue. One..."
- "I have never been so rudely yelled at since I have been coming to the store for over 20 years this is the one at Colfax and sable when I..."
- "OMG DONT RENT FROM THEM!! They are slum lords! Online the pictures were of a nice house. I rented via internet moving from Florida to Indiana. What I got was..."
- "well i,m disable an i was post to get a raise on my social security an my ssi but all i got was a Dollar an a penny raise so..."
- "I searched the web for best price on 32oz Minwax Spar Urethane. Found it advertised as sold by and shipped by Supply The Home. There was a price of less..."