I damaged my previous Tracfone and bought a replacement. I called in to have the new phone activated and to have the minutes transferred. After 2.5 hours of my older phone being disabled and the new one not activated, I called back. The woman who "helped" me was a little snippy and acted like I was an ***, but since I used to do tech support, I kept my cool. After having me do some things on the new phone, including verifying the number of minutes that should have been on my account, the phone was activated, but with 9 minutes less than I had had. I now have 700.00 minutes. Given that I had not had access to my old phone when it was inactivated, there was no possible way to make or receive calls or messages. Where were those minutes? They claim they transferred 708 minutes, so there's nothing more they can do to help me.
Then I get a text from them to call Customer Care at 1-800-867-7183. I was excited because I thought they'd figured out their mistake. I read somewhere that when you call the company from your Tracfone, time won't be deducted. Wrong! I quickly hung up and called from my landline when I saw time was being deducted. The tech I talked to was polite, but gave me the same story as the first woman and her manager. So now they have 10 minutes that I had yesterday.
It's only 10 minutes, right? And I've wasted a couple of hours on the phone for no satisfaction. But I HATE GETTING RIPPED OFF! Just for their customer's satisfaction and not to have negative reviews on social media, they should add those minutes back and more for the time I wasted on this!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer records
- Poor records or dishonesty in transferring minutes
- Reason of review:
- Return of missing minutes from transfer
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tracfone Activation Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Let start by saying I usually don't take the time to do this kind of thing...but if I can prevent even 1 person from entering into a "contract" with this..."
- "wanted phone with wifi connectivity - purchased a tracfone U671c had it activated and my air time transferred --- then trouble began --- the new phone received messages only..."
- "I bought a new Nokia C3 and a month later wanted to switch to a different cell phone service provider. Consumer Cellular would not unlock my phone! They said it..."
- "I was ready to place my hamburger on the bun when i opened the bun and there are bugs in the bread..."
- "it was memorial weekend we was there Friday night the 23 24 25 and we left the 26 there address is 14090 e evans avenue..."
- "Horrible customer servive at Gate 26 At DIA. Lady attendant said she was busy when we needed her help so we left. Then when she announce for everyone with carry..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."