I damaged my previous Tracfone and bought a replacement. I called in to have the new phone activated and to have the minutes transferred. After 2.5 hours of my older phone being disabled and the new one not activated, I called back. The woman who "helped" me was a little snippy and acted like I was an ***, but since I used to do tech support, I kept my cool. After having me do some things on the new phone, including verifying the number of minutes that should have been on my account, the phone was activated, but with 9 minutes less than I had had. I now have 700.00 minutes. Given that I had not had access to my old phone when it was inactivated, there was no possible way to make or receive calls or messages. Where were those minutes? They claim they transferred 708 minutes, so there's nothing more they can do to help me.

Then I get a text from them to call Customer Care at 1-800-867-7183. I was excited because I thought they'd figured out their mistake. I read somewhere that when you call the company from your Tracfone, time won't be deducted. Wrong! I quickly hung up and called from my landline when I saw time was being deducted. The tech I talked to was polite, but gave me the same story as the first woman and her manager. So now they have 10 minutes that I had yesterday.

It's only 10 minutes, right? And I've wasted a couple of hours on the phone for no satisfaction. But I HATE GETTING RIPPED OFF! Just for their customer's satisfaction and not to have negative reviews on social media, they should add those minutes back and more for the time I wasted on this!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of poor customer records and poor records or dishonesty in transferring minutes. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "return of missing minutes from transfer" of tracfone activation service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $10. Tracfone needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned tracfone activation service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Tracfone.

Had an Experience with Tracfone?

Comments

Every year, since, I’ve owned this phone, minutes have disappeared.I complain and they were reinstated.

These minutes do not expire and they do carry over. I had accumulated 8800 minutes. This month, once, again they all disappeared. I have spent many hours on phone calls on to be hung-up on.

Then I sent emails. They ask the exact same questions, over and over and never fix the problem. It’s more than frustrating. More than 2 weeks and still no resolution.

It’s more than criminal, what they do to their customers.

AlexTrac
to Anonymous #1129539

Hi.I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.

AlexTrac

Hi.I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.