I damaged my previous Tracfone and bought a replacement. I called in to have the new phone activated and to have the minutes transferred. After 2.5 hours of my older phone being disabled and the new one not activated, I called back. The woman who "helped" me was a little snippy and acted like I was an ***, but since I used to do tech support, I kept my cool. After having me do some things on the new phone, including verifying the number of minutes that should have been on my account, the phone was activated, but with 9 minutes less than I had had. I now have 700.00 minutes. Given that I had not had access to my old phone when it was inactivated, there was no possible way to make or receive calls or messages. Where were those minutes? They claim they transferred 708 minutes, so there's nothing more they can do to help me.
Then I get a text from them to call Customer Care at 1-800-867-7183. I was excited because I thought they'd figured out their mistake. I read somewhere that when you call the company from your Tracfone, time won't be deducted. Wrong! I quickly hung up and called from my landline when I saw time was being deducted. The tech I talked to was polite, but gave me the same story as the first woman and her manager. So now they have 10 minutes that I had yesterday.
It's only 10 minutes, right? And I've wasted a couple of hours on the phone for no satisfaction. But I HATE GETTING RIPPED OFF! Just for their customer's satisfaction and not to have negative reviews on social media, they should add those minutes back and more for the time I wasted on this!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer records
- Poor records or dishonesty in transferring minutes
- Reason of review:
- Return of missing minutes from transfer
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tracfone Activation Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "One of the worst communication company in terms of their service, promise and commitments. I asked Frontier to changer their service to $84.99 triple play with 75/75 internet, HD preferred..."
- "On Saturday August 3, 2013 the following unauthorized debit transactions appeared on my bank statement $199 07:28 pm AT 19:28 $199 07:34 pm AT 19:24 $199 07:38 pm AT 19:38..."
- "I checked my balance on 8-24-16 and had over 3800 minutes,4400MB data, 3300 text, and service was good until 10-13-16. Eight hours later I go to use my phone it..."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "Everytime I eat breakfast at my local location, they never put herbs on the roasted potatoes unless I point out that they are missing. The first time when I pointed..."
- "Bought the projecter headlights halos for my 2004 ford f150, they look amazing, great fit, install was pretty easy, the only problem is the fact that the headlights are dim,..."
- "For the last 11 years iv'e been shopping at a local Safeway store. I always appreciated the friendly atmosphere of Safeway but for the last 5 years that's about all..."
- "Could UPS be a sh**ier delivery service. I've had UPS deliver packages to my house many times and every time they have, there has been no knock on the door,..."
- "You have scamed me. I wanted to return this item. Due to your web site it would not let me send the info you needed. I want my refund...."