2.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

All I wanted to do was move my phone from South Carolina to Idaho. All along I was subjected to lies, incompetence, and finally, today a supervisor hung up on me. Note: I always speak politely to representatives, as I know much is not their fault, but the company's.

The phone now works, but I was assured by multiple representatives that I could keep my number. As it turns out, I didn't. I was lied to repeatedly and I really don’t appreciate that. And, the last representative (a supervisor) couldn’t explain why, and hung up on me.

I will spare you the multi-hour multi-call saga of trying to get them to make it right- they NEVER did. It involves being lied to multiple times, and getting a bad SIM card sent once.

BOTTOM LINE: my phone now works BUT they stole the phone number that I have had for FOURTEEN years!!!!! (after lying to me multiple times when I kept making sure I could keep the number) I spent countless hours on the phone with their understaffed “customer disservice”. I was lied to by multiple agents that I could keep my phone number. I was sent a defective SIM card. When she was unable to explain why I couldn’t get my number back, a supervisor hung up on me.

They have lost or will be losing around 9 customers (me, our family, and our neighbors) because of this incompetence. I will also be posting this saga on our social media accounts. I hope they lose even more customers.

I liked: No contract.

I didn't like: Employees, Losing my number when i moved, Incompetent customer service, Being lied to, Looooong waiting times on phone for customer service.

Comments

AlexTrac

Hi, previouscougar. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless.

As a consumer, we understand your frustrations. This is not how we want you to experience. We regret to know that you have encountered such situation. We understand that our apologies are not enough without addressing your concern.

We need to rectify this issue. Please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH so we can start assisting you.

to AlexTrac #1497262

Rectify this issue??? You had at least SEVEN chances to "rectify this issue".

You expect me to try to CALL you??? After it usually took me about an HOUR to get a person when I called??? And then after waiting, I was lied to multiple times? Sent a bad SIM card?

You have GOT to be kidding... Since I was doing nothing else during these LO-O-O-Ong calls, I took copious notes.Even if you COULD MAYBE get me my old number back, there is NO WAY I will be continuing your disservice once I am out of minutes.