I purchased a tracfone (Samsung5" Galaxy grand prime) from Evine, a TV shopping network. I have had several tracfones over the years.

This phone was supposed to come with 1350 min. texts and also data. I didn't activate for a period of time because I was keeping this phone in reserve. When I recently attempted to activate this phone I was told by cust svc @ Tracfone that this phone was obsolete in 6 months.

After much discussion I was offered a replacement phone. By this time I was really annoyed and wanted to be assured I would receive the same high end phone. I was told it would be sent 2 day FedEx. That didn't happen.

Approx a week later, via postal service, I received a cheap, rebuilt phone that I could purchase at any Wal Mart for $19.95. I called to complain. No joy. First they wouldn't answer if the Samsung would really be obsolete in 6 months.

They refused to honor the "built in minutes" and insisted I had to purchase minutes in order to activate the phone. If I wanted the "built in minutes" I had to go back to Evine. Evine supposedly couldn't find the transaction. Here I am with a phone that cost me approx $100 that I can't use and a cheap , used ,replacement ( well known to be a target of Chinese hackers for identity theft).

I refuse to pay for minutes I paid for in the purchase price, especially when this phone may no longer work in a few months.

I have had Tracfones become "obsolete" in the past and it's just "too bad" you have to buy a new phone.

I'm an OLD senior citizen and I have been cheated out of $100 by Tracfone. I cannot believe that this Samsung high end smart phone will be obsolete in , now, 5 months.

Another huge problem with Tracfone customer service is the language barrier. My second service representative did not know the word 'obsolete' and had to ask me what it meant.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Customer Care.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

TracFone Pros: Previous years satisfactory service with other phones.

TracFone Cons: Lack of customer service, Refusal to honor contract of minutes with new phone, Changing plans with no notice and no listing on site, No refunds given their mistakes.

• Poor Replacement Phones
  • Tracfone Frustration

Comments

AlexTrac

Hi VerifiableSawfish965. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We are determined to help you resolve your issue. Please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH or call us at 1-800-867-7183.

to AlexTrac #1713803

This offer of help is bogus. It's the same old English impaired, inept "customer non service" .

AlexTrac

Hi VerifiableSawfish965. I'm Alex from TracFone Wireless.

I noticed your post on this blog, and I want to help you. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

AlexTrac

Hi VerifiableSawfish965. This Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenient experience that you had with our service. This is not the experience we want you to have. We'd like to speak with you again to straighten things out. Kindly chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. We look forward to speaking and working with you towards earning back your trust.