1.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Jun 14

If I don't "upgrade" (purchase the non-discounted phone), I will lose every single minute I've purchased from TracFone in the past. Thus, I am pretty much forced to "stick it out" with TracFone, as much as I hate it.

Original review posted by user Jun 14

First off, I have been a loyal customer of Tracfone for at least 5 years.

Tuesday, June 10, 2019, I learned that I was required to do a mandatory upgrade for Tracfone, and required to purchase a separate phone. The least expensive one was a $19.99 one, which I was planning to purchase, but really had to wait until today since I was paid today.

Both the website, which was www.yourtracfoneupdate.com, and the male agent, said I was eligible to receive a discount, which in this case, was $5.00, making the phone a bearable $14.99.

Today, Friday, June 14, both the website and agents "conveniently" changed their tune.

I have been told no upgrade was even necessary in the 1st place by one customer service representative, but for the most part, Tracfone now tells me I will still be required to "upgrade" (actually buy a new phone which to me is more than just "upgrading") but at the regular $19.99 price, instead of the $14.99 one earlier.

Funny how after I called the other agent, the discount just "suddenly" disappears a few days later.

Plus, the female agent I talked to today, kept asking me questions that I had no idea how to answer, and then suddenly we get cut off just like that. I may have accidentally cut her off, but I think she actually hung up on me instead.

Tracfone's customer service has been dreadful ever since it outsourced to the Philippines.

There are two websites too, www.yourphoneupgrade.com/tracfone, and www.tracfone.com, and shop.tracfone.com. I still am unclear as to which one to use.

But the CSR's are too, and shouldn't be.

This is my complaint.

This is no way to run a business.

Very unprofessional Tracfone. Very unprofessional.

Especially to a long time loyal customer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Alcatel Cell Phone Upgrade.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

TracFone Cons: Customer service, Long wait times, Contradictory information.

Comments

AlexTrac

Hi SteadyPuffin. I'm Alex from TracFone Wireless.

I’m very sorry that you’re having issues with our service. This is not the kind of experience we want you to have. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent.

For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.