Trying to transfer service to new phone. Each attempt on their site fails and tells me to call customer service. Multiple call attempts over the past month, no resolution. Horrible. I cannot understand them, nor they me. They've told me, at various times, all of the following:

- The phone I'm calling from isn't active. (huh?)

- They can't transfer minutes off of my current phone.

- The new phone needs a different/new SIM card (they sent me one)

- The new phone isn't working.

- When we do the transfer, you will lose the minutes on your old phone (>500).

Nobody at TracFone will see this or care. Almost no consumers will see this or care. It's my drop in the ocean that will one day form a tidal surge and smash companies that think they can continue to operate this way. At least that's what I like to think. Sigh. Time to shop for a smart phone. Tracfone will not see another penny, or minute spent, from me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Service Transfer.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

TracFone Cons: Poor customer service, No issue resolution.

Comments

AlexTrac
#1620346

Hi NoisyLemur787. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. Please let us check on this matter and provide the best possible resolution. To do this, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

I also tried to change to a new phone and they lost all of my minutes, data and text. I had to purchase more to have them work on the problem, then they could not find my purchase transacton.

When they finally found purchase transaction they shorted me on text. They did not find my orginal minutes, text and data. I have used tracfone for many years with no difficulty.

I am very upset with the company and their lack of caring. I will be leaving.