Trying to transfer service to new phone. Each attempt on their site fails and tells me to call customer service. Multiple call attempts over the past month, no resolution. Horrible. I cannot understand them, nor they me. They've told me, at various times, all of the following:
- The phone I'm calling from isn't active. (huh?)
- They can't transfer minutes off of my current phone.
- The new phone needs a different/new SIM card (they sent me one)
- The new phone isn't working.
- When we do the transfer, you will lose the minutes on your old phone (>500).
Nobody at TracFone will see this or care. Almost no consumers will see this or care. It's my drop in the ocean that will one day form a tidal surge and smash companies that think they can continue to operate this way. At least that's what I like to think. Sigh. Time to shop for a smart phone. Tracfone will not see another penny, or minute spent, from me.
Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Service Transfer.
Reason of review: Poor customer service.
Monetary Loss: $60.
Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.
TracFone Cons: Poor customer service, No issue resolution.