2.9
Coverage Area
Style and Design

My old phone is being discontinued, so I had to purchase a new one. I got an LG413.

It cam last Tuesday.

I activated it. Since then it has done NOTHING but update, and is didn't give me the option to only do it over WiFi. It has downloaded an Android Update EVERY DAY since then, and twice that I know of on Friday. In Doing So It has burned up every byte of my data, even with most of the bloatware apps disabled, and "Catherine" at TracFone chat said "sorry, but there is nothing they can do.

So I asked for a supervisor, she transferred me.... and I have been sitting in their chatroom waiting for almost an hour now.

I've had tracfones since they had the little red Nokia with a black and white screen.... what was that?

2003? 4?

This is the first serious issue I've had with them.

And it may be the last if they don't make it right.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Cell Phone Upgrade.

Preferred solution: Restore the data their updates have used, or refund my cost..

I liked: No surprise bills.

I didn't like: Lame customer service.

Comments

AlexTrac

Hi CutKillerWhale. I'm Alex from TracFone Wireless.

I'm truly sorry for the unpleasant experience that you had with our service. I understand where you're coming from, and I would feel the same way if I were in your situation. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent.

For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

to AlexTrac #1700835

I sat in their chatroom for another hour. Got the same useless boiler plate replies.

NEVER DID get to a supervisor.

Situation: Unresolved. Mephostopholes will be ordering a snow blower before TRACFONE get another dime of my money.

to AlexTrac #1700843

Another hour wasted in online chat. Requested to be transfered from "Luis" to a supervisor.

Ended up in chat with "Faviola", who is NOT a supervisor.

Faviola suggested they could call me, then transfer the voice call to a supervisor. We'll see.

to CutKillerWhale #1700860

They said they would call in 15 minutes. I've got the emailed transcript of the chat.

It has been half an hour. Apparently not all PROFESSIONAL LIARS work for the US Federal Government.

to AlexTrac #1703186

I'm STILL waiting for that callback "in fifteen minutes".

CutKillerWhale

I sat in the chatroom until it timed out. Never did get a supervisor.