I asked to have my Tracfone service suspended until I could find my lost phone or purchase a new one. A few days later, on June 9, 2017 I found the phone and called to reactivate it.

I was told I would have to wait 72 hours for it to be reactivated. I was going out of town so I bought a cheap Tracfone in case of emergency. When I returned on 6/17/17 the other phone was still not activated and was told it would take another 72 hours. On 6/27/17 the phone was reactivated but my over 2300 minutes, 1.76 GB of data, and 3188 texts were missing and there was a zero balance in my account.

I called again...Wait 24 hours. On 7/1/17 the account still had not been restored. I was advised to call back in 24 hours...again. On 7/25/17 I still could not make calls because my account has a zero balance.

Called again....please wait 24 hours. To date I have talked to the following representatives: Rizan, Gabrielle, Ronnie, Raymond, Donive, Eshwerie, Syndney, supposedly a supervisor, Armando, another supervisor, and Rica...you guessed it...another supervisor. I also had a lengthy online chat with Rina. I have been given multiple reference and bin numbers supposedly connected to my case.

NO ONE SEEMS TO BE WILLING OR ABLE TO RESTORE WHAT THEY STOLE FROM MY ACCOUNT. I do not understand how my account information disappears and no one has an explanation for it. There has to be a record of it somewhere even though it has been removed from the website. My next step is to make formal complaints with as many consumer advocates as I can, including the BBB in Georgia, and the Federal Communications Commission.

My husband and I have been Tracfone customers for many years and I have never had this much trouble. I am writing this hoping to prevent others from doing business with this disreputable company and getting ripped off.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Account.

Reason of review: Failure to resolve issue with missing account balances.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: No contract.

I didn't like: Lost all my data.

Comments

jbgo
Mountain View, Arkansas, United States #1355561

I have a somewhat similar issue currently going on with tracfone. I am trying to keep it's progress updated here with my 2 reviews on the problem.

I hope you will keep posting your experiences as well.

AlexTrac

Hi. I'm Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to tracfone@fb-tracfone.com and we will gladly assist you.