2.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Be aware that if you purchase a Tracfone that you will be locked in to one provider. They don't say so on their website to make sure you ask .

. in my case Verizon doesn't provide coverage to my area, but the phone they sent me only works with Verizon.

Product or Service Mentioned: Samsung Electronics Galaxy J3 Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Wasn't made aware of carrier this phone would be locked in to..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Chat feature.

I didn't like: Not given all information, Had to spend 2 hours to activate phone and was passed to 3 reps.

Comments

AlexTrac

Hi QuickZebra167. I'm Alex from TracFone Wireless.

I want to extend my sincere apology for the unpleasant experience that you had with our service. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183.

Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

QuickZebra167
to AlexTrac #1701627

Hi Alex, I just wanted you to know that I clicked on the link you provided. I ended up chatting with one representative and after about 10 minutes with him, he gave me a reference number 1750388805 and another phone number (department) to call.

Rhea: Inquiries regarding unlocked phones are handled by our Business Assurance Department. You will have to speak to a specialist directly. A representative can be reached at 1-888-442-5102. I called that number and though things sounded positive .

. . . I was eventually told .

. . after another 1/2 hour on the phone that they couldn't help me. The only solution I was given was to purchase another phone.

And to make sure I ASK which carrier it accepts. Again . . .

why isn't that just stated in the phone description on your website! It seems that this phone should be capable of being unlocked so that I don't have to jump through hoops just to access Tracfone with a Tmobile SIM! This incident has changed my opinion about Tracfone.

I'm really not impressed with either your customer service nor Tracfone's technical capabilities. QuickZebra167