5.1K views

I recently encountered a horrible customer service experience with Tracfone's cusotmer service. At the time I thought I was completely in the right and argued quite a bit with the customer service rep, even her supervisor too.

I was trying to use a promo code when I added my double minute airtime card and did not receive my 200 minutes. The rep kept telling me that I didn't qualify for the promo. After several minutes of some back and forth, I hung up and decided and search the web for help. I came accross the following phone number 1-800-876-5753 that went to Tracfones corporate office, to their Executive Resolution team.

I fully expected to have another round of being told I didn't qualify for the promo minutes. I was pleasantly suprised to get a rep that was professional and knowledgable. She explained that I had purchased the wrong double minute card for the promo I was trying to use. If only the original rep told me.

My recommendation to anyone else having a hard time with Tracfone customer service is to use this number 1-800-876-5753!

Comments

The best way to get a human who actually answers the phone is by calling the Tracphone corporate office. The number as of March 2,2018 is ~ 1~305~715~6500.

I had to ask for a supervisor or manager and left a message with my home number. When you are finished click the number sign # on your phone and then click number 2 marking your message as URGENT!! This is the ONLY way to get a real human being and not a machine. The operator is kind of surly but then again when I called, her lines were busy.

So she claimed. I have both called here,left a message and sent an email. The operator said I could leave a message or have her take down my information and she'd email it to someone,but I cannot do both. Watch, I will do both.

I'll just wait about an hour,call back and have her email someone. You CAN do both, just do what I'm doing and you'll have left a message AND have someone emailed. Tell me I can do one or the other but not both. haha They are not dealing with an uneducated person here.

I hope this helps someone else who needs help. This Tracphone stinks. I may be in the safelink program because I am a disabled widow,but I REFUSE to be treated like I'm an uneducated leech who sucks off the system. I worked hard my whole life, not just since becoming an adult.

I worked doing chores for others starting at 6 earning money because I was told I couldn't live at home for free and I had to pay room & board,and my mother wasn't kidding. When I was 16 and due to the recession in the 1970's lost my job, I was told within a week of that and not being able to find another job I had to get out. It was January, Middle of Winter in Pennsylvania and snow up to my behind I had to get out,and was to be out before my mom got home from the grocery store. I did go and was gone before she got home with only a paper grocery bag of clothes.

So you see, I have worked hard my WHOLE life, not just my whole adult life. My late Husband also worked hard his whole life too. I can no longer work due to severe rheumatoid arthritis, spinal problems and now my knees are bone to bone. Otherwise, I'd still be working.

I miss it. I refuse to be treated like an uneducated skank whose only labour they've done was the labour of pushing out babies for a check or an increase of their check.

to Helen Kruse #1450821

Sorry but the number provided just reroutes us to the Philippians ( 1~305~715~6500 ) is not a corporate number, neither is ( 1--800-378-1684 ) that one of the reps gave me, it's a non-working verizon number and the end the calls, I'm on my 5th attempt, 5 different Philippian so called customer service people and I lost over 1500 minutes, a double minute plan and now an additional 1148 minutes as of last night, this is how they treat their customers, and I a loyal PAYING CUSTOMER of 16 yrs.... This is March 23 2018 9:56am, from North Dakota , USA, so whom ever sees this, beware, they have changed THEIR Rules again, if you do not have an active phone after 30 days, I just was told this on the phone, you will lose those minutes, it was after 60 days with no activation, you would lose, when I started, I was told I would never lose my minutes, THIS IS THEFT OF SERVICES, PERIOD !

Just warning the public, Tracfone is a Dishonorable Co. and getting thru to the corporate office in Florida is a hoax, all my numbers I've found reroute to Philippians. Time to get in contact with Florida's Better Business Bureau and file complaints and what ever other avenues to get my hard earned paid for services reimbursed.....

This is terrible, I have a dear long time dying friend in the hospital as I write, I wanted to help out his wife as she has no phone due to depleted monies and as of last night I had 1148.90 minutes on my tracfone, I added more service time, 90 day/120 minutes and they only gave me the 90 days service with 120 minutes, they deactivated my phone and took my PAID Minutes 1148.90 minutes Gone, Because they Can ! Theft of Services, Period !

Worthless phone number.It does not connect you to the Executive Resolution Team, it connects you to the same *** customer service as their main number 1-800-867-7183.They must keep changing this number to avoid their many customer complaints. Their business model is to take advantage of the poor and uneducated and solving issues only costs them money.

to Your Mama #1440165

Call this number. I was not stopping until I found a number for their corporate office.

Also, read my comment. 305-715-6500. You will get their operator at their switchboard. I hope this helps.

Let me know. My email is hkruse@bellsouth.net and I'm on facebook >> Helen Kruse in Cassatt,South Carolina

to Helen Kruse #1470114

They’ll just reroute you to the Phillipines same as net10, straight talk etc....I’m in SC also consumer affairs has thousands of complaints but they are in a country that is not recognized for service of process to sue them even

Get someone that can actually respond to the comments posted. "Alex" sound like a broken record ....not sending an answer or solution but a pre-written and scripted response. HORRIBLE!

I have had many probs with my phone only to be told I need to send to them and go without a phone for weeks. The only reason for them not sending a new one or a temp replacement is that they simply refurbish them.

Ending with the same prob when you get it back. LOUSY CUSTOMER SVC.

I AM GOUNG TO SWITCH VERY SOON IF U DON'T. GET BETTER SVC.

Everytime I add minutes etc it does NOT appear on my acct app. I have to have this long repetitive chat before I can get it to appear.

They tell you to turn off your phone and back on. THIS DOES NOT HELP!!!! Why doesn't it just show up in your app right away. THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED.

I am tired of this for more than 3 yrs now! RIDICULOUS.

Tried to call tracfone and it takes forever to get a customer service representative after all the minutes were deleted from the phone. Just put the minutes on dec.

2017 (1500)minutes. After over 2 hours and three customer service people they said the computer deleted all the minutes and finally did put the minutes back on, but don't understand just why this happens, when I called in dec., I was on the phone over 2 hours at that time also.

TRACFONE HAS HIRED TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO SPEAK ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE AND HAS NOT TRAINED THEM PROPERLY. MY PHONE STARTED ACTING UP AND ALL I GOT WAS LIP SERVICE; NOT ONE PERSON GAVE ME THE SAME ANSWER. THEY ARE ALL SORRY FOR MY INCONVENIENCE BUT WERE UNABLE TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM.

I bought a new tracfone over a month ago and I've had 3 replacement SIM cards waiting on the fourth. I was told I need a coma device but since I bought my phone at a retail store I cannot get it replaced by customer service.

I've been with Trafone for 17 years and cannot believe that this issue cannot be resolved. If the device I bought doesn't work in my area why is it sold in my area?????

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1261052

What a freaking nightmare. Just trying to transfer to a new phone.

Tracfone completely screwed up. Changed phone number, disconnected old phone.

Tried to fix it and ended up changing our provider. What in the *** does it take for someone to LISTEN and fix this!!

to Anonymous #1261381

Hi. I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless.

For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

to Anonymous #1299903

I had the same problem.

Mount Shasta, California, United States #1254182

I have been trying sense Oct 2016. Everything on second sims card still no service.

I have been called a liar. No ones help.

I have tryed every email. Still no service.

to Anonymous #1256445

Hi. I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId= to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183.

Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thank you.

Red Oak, Texas, United States #1192499

I have been trying to get my phone working for 2 weeks and now iI found out it's going to by another day may be to see if this fixed the phone

to Anonymous #1192719

Hi. I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.

to AlexTrac Red Oak, Texas, United States #1193422

Dear alex I was just told it was going to be 24more hours! to fix my phone it may be fix they are grapsing at straws .

#1190393

My husband has been trying to get his replacement phone for 7 weeks! All he gets is the same thing when they receive the phone from the manufacturer they will send it to him!

I tried calling corporate and got the same answer. I will try again tomorrow to talk to someone in the corporate offices.