2.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have been using Tracfone for a while now, and was always content with the company, until I found out they were going to discontinue service for 2G phones, and I had to buy a newer smartphone to be able to keep my phone service....

So, I purchased a new phone from Tracfone online, which was a HUGE mistake Bullshit

The phone I got is now effectively trapped into using Tracfone as my carrier for the next year, because they will not unlock the device to let you look elsewhere. Shocked Believe me, if I could switch carriers, I would, but Tracfone is a seemingly criminal organization that does not care a bit about its users, and gets off on forcing people to be users for 12 months or so, even if the service is despicable. Cry

And it IS despicable too. They are constantly down for maintenance Shrug , as if you need that much maintenance to continue being a sub-par, technologically inept service. Their so called 'Support' system, is comprised of a very annoying call-center of obviously foreign agents, almost none of whom can speak proper English, and absolutely none of whom have any technical savvy, or ability to answer simple questions about the company's services. Bla-bla

In their defense, I suppose, they used to have a chat option, to get support, but they seem to have discontinued that recently. I guess it was a little too convenient for the worms (users) that they Lord over, and did away with it. Wtf So now, you have to call in for answers, which as I noted above, is a waste of a call, and speak to some idiot, from a jungle / desert somewhere that knows practically NOTHING, and cannot do anything but waste your time / patience....

The No Contract thing is nice, I will admit, but it is far from worth being kidnapped by this joke excuse for a cellular carrier. Facepalm

STAY FAR AWAY!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Phone Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

TracFone Pros: I used to like the affordability, Convenience of buying minutes once a year.

TracFone Cons: Incompetent customer service, Tech support.

Comments

AlexTrac

Hi zlloyd. This is AlexTrac from TracFone Wireless.

We are sorry to hear about it. Please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH so we can further assist you with your concerns. You can also call us at 1-800-867-7183. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.

AlexTrac

Hi zlloyd. I'm Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

zlloyd
to AlexTrac #1692157

Thank you for the link, but I already had that webpage saved.... As to texting requests to 611611, I have also been trying to use this as a way to check my balance, without using the My Account app., but I rarely get a response frpm texting Balance to this number. Instead of my balance information, I am getting an auto-response that says the information is being gathered, and to please wait, but I am not always getting the follow-up text that contains the balance info, so I have lost some confidence in that method as well.