1.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Dec 08, 2018

Tracfone is unable to do anything as they rely on other major carriers for a handout. In other words it seems they get third rate service from major carriers and perhaps their priority, bandwidth etc., is severely limited.

Customer service is just give you lip service and they know that they going through the motions but can't improve reception, service and dropped calls. This is just the reality. It is sad because I know there are cell phone companies in Africa that do a better job! So how is Tracfone able to stay alive?

Your guess is good as mine...their only strength is the "no contract" and "no activation" fee angle. If they stopped that they would be out of business!

Original review posted by user Nov 08, 2018

First I purchased a sim kit and airtime one mile from my house. It didn't work/poor reception in two unlocked cell phones.

I called them. They seemed to think that I may have better luck with one of their dedicated phones. So back to the store and bought one. Except this did not have a sim ergo "dedicated".

No problem customer service transferred the airtime. This was the last of the "easy"! The phone go one bar in the driveway. Inside the house no reception.

Talked for hours with sales, customer service even a "senior supervisor". Restarted the phone dozens of time, programmed from afar NO LUCK! Then senior supervisor said I have to get a phone that works with a Tmobile sim or a phone that works with Verizon! WHAT!?

I was even willing to buy another Tracfone (forgive me God!) but according to the supervisor none of their phones under $100 would work for me!

WHAT?! It is by far one of the most frustrating companies to work with and as the supervisor's "don't give a s*it attitude" shows a demoralized company!

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Some employees seemed genuine and tried to help.

I didn't like: Company wont try to make it right and retain customers.

Comments