I bought a tracfone and a 3 month airtime card.I called the tracfone 800 number to activate the phone with my old number.

The person I talked to asked for all my information, including the last company of service. He then said to scratch off the covering on the prepaid card. I told him that I didn't want to until he could assure me that there was no problem activating as promised. He said that there was no problem.

I scratched off the covering and told him the number. He then told me that he can't give me my old phone number, as he had promised, because my old account had expired and that I would have to reactivate it (pay for a month of service at the old company) before he could transfer my number. Both Straight Talk (old server) and Tracfone are owned by the same company. No one could tell me why they couldn't transfer a number only that I would have to come up with the money.

The last person that I talked with was Christopher Vencura, manager of operations. I asked him about the 3 month prepaid phone card.

He said too bad for me, it is now non-refundable.I refuse to do business with this company or Straight talk.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of unethical. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "no morales" of tracfone service transfer and associated monetary loss in the amount of $20. Tracfone needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned tracfone service transfer in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Tracfone.

Had an Experience with Tracfone?

Comments

I had the same problem! I spend 3 hours talking to the costumer service without anything resolved!

AlexTrac
to T.Blair #1233218

Hi.I’m Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/GPJn5a to chat with live agent.

For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183.Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.