I don't use my Tracfone much, I only turn it on when I go to the store. (I'm old) One day I turned it on and received a notice that my plan had expired two days earlier.

They only sent me that one text, I used to get all kinds of junk from them by email. When I went to renew my service I was informed I would need a new phone. Okay, I went to Walmart and bought a new phone.

Then I spent the next FOUR DAYS on my land line trying to get my old phone number transferred to my new phone. The people at Tracfone may speak English (unintelligibly), but they sure don't understand it.

For four days each of the people I spoke with (many) told me they could help me, but I never got my old number, let alone the 3,000+ minutes.

In addition, when I purchased my year long service plan, I was cheated out of the additional year of air time for $49.

I have had a Tracfone for over 10 years, for the last five I used the same number. Now, every day I get dozens of calls and texts for some Antonio dude, who seems to have had a, let's say, "interesting" sex life.

Now I have a new number I have to distribute, and I worry about what kind of unsavory things this phone may be linked to.

I cannot stress enough how much I hate Tracfone and guarantee I will never get another when my service is up.

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY A TRACFONE OR STRAIGHT TALK (they're the same company).

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Service Transfer.

Location: Mesa, Arizona