Coverage Area
Style and Design

I bought a tracfone from a store online. The phone arrived & seemed to be ok.

I went online to set up the phone & after turning off & back on it said no service. It previously had not said this. I called tracfone. After rebooting & phone resets it was deemed defective.

(Mind you I talked to 4 customer service reps to come to this conclusion being put on hold & disconnected & calling back.) They said they would send me a new phone he put me on hold to check my account & got disconnected. Called back with ticket number but I had to go through the whole process again!!! Finally 3 reps later it’s defective. I need to send my phone in & they will send me a new phone.

I said I didn’t purchase my phone through Tracfone I already had a return label from the store & they would refund my money. They said I can purchase a new phone & transfer service. I said no since it’s taken 3 hours of life you can send me a phone for free. They said they couldn’t do that.

I was then transferred to 3 more supervisors who failed to see my frustration with their process. That 9 representatives & 3 hours wasn’t wrong. That each operator was just reading off the screen that’s what they were trained to do & came to the correct resolution. That they could only send me a new phone if one was returned & that when rep #4 offered me a free replacement that wasn’t correct.

Which their process would take over a week to correct. I can buy a new phone & transfer service in an hour. No thanks. But I was beyond irritated with how their service process went.

They didn’t understand my point.

So I waited for 43 min on hold for a senior operators supervisor only to be checked on twice & told to continue to hold to be disconnected. I have no problem paying for a new phone for my son it’s more principal that I wasted over 3 hours & they didn’t seem to care about my inconvenience

Product or Service Mentioned: Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

MariaST
#1620350

Hi Mlk0803. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I see you need help with your phone. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

AlexTrac
#1620340

Hi Mlk0803. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. Let us check on this matter and get this resolved. Please send us a message via chat at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH in order for us to further assist you. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.