51 views
Verified Reviewer

3.8

I use my Tracfone as my business line and have business cards with potential numbers all over the country. My current phone is going bad and I wanted a new phone.

I bought one off the Tracfone site and tried to change it over last April/May, but after three weeks I spent $43 for nothing. I was told to use that new phone I would have to change numbers. I wrote a letter to the conflict resolution center in May and they responded in July telling a phone that would allow me to use and keep my current number. After a week, I was told the only way that phone would work was to change numbers.

Another $43 down the toilet. Now I have spent $63 on another new phone and just got off the phone with customer service with the same thing. The first two phones were CDMA phones and this last one is a GSM phone like the one I currently have. They won't let me speak to any supervisors or tech people to get more information except the technology of the old phone is incompatible with the new phone.

My service runs out on 20 April 2021 and when that happens I will be looking to migrate my number to a new company unless I can resolve this issue. My current phone is an Alcatel as is the new phone and both are supposedly GSM based.

User's recommendation: I would be very careful which technology you are getting with Tracfone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Cell Phone Replacement.

Preferred solution: Look at a way for me to activate a new phone and keep my number..

TracFone Pros: No contract, Good price per minute, Ease of activating the phone.

TracFone Cons: I want my number back, No tech support.

Comments