Unfortunately I learned the hard way. Tracfone has terrible customer service.

I had the plan for two months and never had voicemail. I wasted many hours with chat and voice help - all the while Tracfone was draining my minutes and data from the plan I paid for. Voicemail was never able to be fixed. I asked for a credit to my account then spent a few more hours on hold and chat since I was told by three different customer reps to call a different number to get a refund.

In the end, they said, "We do NOT issue refunds or credits" but you can be sure they subtracted my voice minutes and data that I wasted contacting their customer service. Also I have a feeling they are not being honorable with voice minutes as they would often slowly leak from my account without calls being made. Unlike other carriers there is no detailed accounting of calls, texts and data usage. It seems like they use this to their advantage.

Finally I was either really really stupid or they set up a plan to try and trick people - I purchased an extremely expensive yearly plan and found out in short order that the minutes were not renewed monthly for a year. I am a fairly savvy tech user so am certain seniors would easily get tricked by this. Very shady. I have moved on to Unreal Mobile.

Their system is very detailed but easy to use.

They are up front about everything and their customer service is awesome. https://m.unrealmobile.com/l1Dg

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Phone Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

AlexTrac

Hi, PissedConsumer1410130. I'm Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that our service has caused you. To help us serve you better in the future, please feel free to chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH or call 1-800-867-7183. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.

AlexTrac

Hi, PissedConsumer1410130. I'm Alex from SafeLink Wireless.