1.5

I bought a Tracfone smartphone (Samsung Galaxy G7 Crown) several months ago. I rarely use data but noted on vacation I couldn't.

Called support on a Monday evening about the mobile data issue. That was fixed. On Tuesday I couldn't make or receive any calls - Roaming. I was told it is because I don't have enough signal strength, not close enough to AT&T tower.

Nearest Tower is 3.2 MILES, 6 minutes away. I normally get 2-3 bars which is the norm no matter what Tracfone I have. So between Monday and Tuesday, I didn't move, neither did the tower. How can I get mobile data but no cell phone service.

This makes absolutely no sense.

After two days and hours on the landline phone with support, I was advised I would need to purchase a new phone that works in my area or get a new provider. What the heck kind of answer is that!!!!!

I've had Tracfones for at least a decade or more. No problems. My opinion, whatever was done to enable me to use mobile data screwed up my phone cell service.

That is the only difference between Monday and Tuesday - support tweaked my phone to enable me to get mobile data. Could they have put me in the incorrect location.

I don't know but something happened. Today they get 1 star.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tracfone Technical Support.

Reason of review: Unsatisfactory support.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

TracFone Pros: Normally good service.

TracFone Cons: Fixing one issue created another unacceptable issue.

Comments

AlexTrac

Hi. I'm Alex from TracFone Wireless.

I’m very sorry that you’re having issues with our service. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183.

Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

AlexTrac

Hi. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless.

We understand your frustration over having to go through all this trouble. We sincerely apologize for that. It was definitely not the experience we want our subscribers to have, especially those who have been loyal to us for so long. We value you as one of our long-term subscribers.

We'd like to speak with you again to straighten things out on your account. Kindly chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.

We look forward to speaking and working with you towards earning back your trust. Have a nice day.