Tracfone - Transfer of services botched; service disconnected

I tried to ransfer the service from one Tracfone to another Tracfone, and a service rep said it was done.Service will be ready in 15 minutes, leave my phone, on, etc.

It has been 2 days already; no phone service, and no Tracfone Customer Service to help. An automated system keeps telling me to wait another 15 minutes and call back if the service doesn't come on. 2 days later and 20 calls, theirs system is stuck on it, and no way to reach a human. It cuts me off when I enter my phone number as required!

For buying minutes or phones, Tracfone has reps that anwer the phone to sell, but for services -after taking your money it is all automated and no way to get to a human.

I still have 558 minutes and 347 days of services, all a waste with a dead Tracfone.

More Review Details

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 03, 2014 #865340

I had the same problem and the people at this email address helped me fix my issue. I know that the email is going to the company themselves but the people handling these emails are very good. Give it a try. The email address is Oh yeah, send them your name, cell number or your phone serial number or you can chat with them live @

0 0 Reply

Aug 08, 2013 #696117 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I wish I would have read this before I bought a new Tracfone... the transfer of my phone number was botched and now after 2.5 years, I have to notify everyone that Tracfone screwed up and I have a new phone number. Tracfone reps lie consistently, and the company's claim that you can transfer your phone number is false advertising.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.