Tracfone - I got help at Tracfone

499 of 499 Tracfone Reviews
Jan 31, 2008
review #112202

I recently encountered a horrible customer service experience with Tracfone's cusotmer service.At the time I thought I was completely in the right and argued quite a bit with the customer service rep, even her supervisor too.

I was trying to use a promo code when I added my double minute airtime card and did not receive my 200 minutes. The rep kept telling me that I didn't qualify for the promo. After several minutes of some back and forth, I hung up and decided and search the web for help. I came accross the following phone number 1-800-876-5753 that went to Tracfones corporate office, to their Executive Resolution team.

I fully expected to have another round of being told I didn't qualify for the promo minutes. I was pleasantly suprised to get a rep that was professional and knowledgable. She explained that I had purchased the wrong double minute card for the promo I was trying to use. If only the original rep told me.

My recommendation to anyone else having a hard time with Tracfone customer service is to use this number 1-800-876-5753!

8b17574
2.5
Had an experience with Tracfone?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
499 of 499 Tracfone Reviews
IrateCat

1 day ago Maryland, United States

The customer support for Tracfone is the absolute worst I've ever seen. I purchased 2 tracfones in June 2014....I finally got my SIM card as I ported over my cell number from my old carrier. I called about my husbands SIM card and they kept saying they mailed it..here I am 2 months later still on hold with customer support regarding this issue.. They keep promising me they will mail the SIM card and every single time it's a lie....I am sick of this company and would not recommend them to anyone..if this is not resolved, after sending an email to executive resolution team...these phones are going back and I want a full refund. I will never EVER deal with this company again and will make sure everyone I come in contact with knows of the headaches I've had in regards to this!! AVOID TRACFONE AT ALL COSTS

LAM

Jul 30 Afton, Tennessee

This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with. A bunch of rude foreignors who don't know anything!! They certainly want your money but don't deliver the expectations of their product. DO NOT USE TRACFONE; YOU WILL BE COMPLETELY UNSATISFIED!!

Pissed Off Royally

Apr 14

I've had TRACFONEy tooo long.. now with my 3x minutes plan being refused to be transfered to this new Big Easy phone as I specifically asked PRIOR to buying it from Fred Meyer (in another State).. now, yet again.. I'm greatly bothered that Customer Service Rep is saying they will not honor the 3x from my old phone to the new! This is completely outrageous.. also, I lost over 500 minutes due to the old Samsung browser key is prominately located and too easy to ACCIDENTALLY activate.. even in my front shirt chest pocket.. found it one time with over 50 minutes on the *** browser function.. but.. I never browsed anything!! Todate (Apr2014) I've never been refunded/received the lost minutes back.. that's over 500 minutes!!

Liz

Jan 03

I just upgraded to a new tracfone a couple days ago and I was transferring my minutes, which I had many accumulated through the past 9 yrs I have had my original trac phone. I only use it for emergencies when on the road.
I was transferring my information on line and when I got to the last screen it displayed only 30 mins, not my accumulated minutes of over 900. I disagreed and I called the 1-800 number provided, wish I had written it down. I was helped by a person who did not speak very good English, more like Spanglish, he did help me with codes and such, but when all was said and done, my original minutes weren't added on. I only have 128.00 minutes on my phone. Not fair. I emailed them, no reply. I try calling and you can't get a human being, just press this number and that number.
I am very upset, angry and displeased with the whole experience.

AlexTrac

Jul 22

This is Alex. I work with TracFone Wireless. I see that you need help with your phone. We can help you. Send us your account info to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com and we will fix your phone right away. Please include your name, cell phone number or serial number and a contact number. Copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/18WfOoC.

Panda

Nov 23, 2013 Thompson, Connecticut

thank you sooo much. This was the answer to find the help I needed to fix the tracfone service. I will not loose this number. Very helpful.
Thank you Victor at cooperate office. You know your job and know customer service, GREAT :) :) :) :) Please inservice Gayana

JR

Nov 14, 2013

am on my yes 4th phone and only when I used the above number have I got any decent cust serv--do not use any other numbers but this one if you use what is on the web it is s America and frustrating as u know what

FRICKIN PISSEDOFF2

Aug 21, 2013

TRACPHONE/NET10 / STRAIGHT TALK ARE ALL ONE IN THE SAME *** COMPANY SUGGEST YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ///PUT A NAIL IN THEIR BUSINESS :? :?

swamprat

Jan 02, 2013 Biloxi, Mississippi

had to deactivate old ph and transfer minutes to new one. I bypassed norrmal number and went to miami number. spoke with Danny. this man WAS ONE OF THE BEST customer service reps ever. polite not tying to rush and rechecked all code entries. from placing call to hold time to conclusion i was under 10 min in and out of the call. use the Miami number and keep calm. your problem should be resolved fast.

letsgoon

Nov 06, 2012

try an email to BBBcomplaints@tracfone.com and expect a quick response.

ANON

Jun 26, 2013

your url does not work

JFMCRAZY

Jun 26, 2013

Let's see... I've been a tracfone customer now for over 10 years. Most of the time there are no problems, and I have given these phones as gifts as their coverage is better then any other service (except for Verizon) in my personal experience.

That being said, that when I do have to call customer service for an issue, I am on the phone with them NO LESS then 3 hours. I have to continually ask them to repeat themselves as they barely speak understandable English.

My issue this time, and this may be a breaking point for me, is that I re-did the family plan I had because I had to change credit cards. I currenty have he max phones on this plan (5 if you don't know...). For YEARS, the cost INCLUDING ALL TAXES/SURCHARGES, ETC was $36.90. That's what it was last month. This month however it was $37.57. I didn't think much about that, but then I got my confirmation email, and it said I was being charged $41.56 ($3.99 overcharge). When I called them, I got someone who told me that the 911 charge was $5.00 even though on the receipt provided to me from them it shows it being only $1.00. He kept telling me that it was $5.00. I kept telling them that they cannot charge me more then what they show on the receipt from them. Then the excuse was that the cc I was now using was from another state (reason for it being $37.57 vs $36.90) and I told them BS, as the address for the other cc was the same as this one. I told them that it is against the law to give one
... Show more

Kimika

Oct 24, 2012

Many digital caemras also offer GeoTag capabilities now not just your smart phone. Many applications for digital photos (such as Picasa from Google) will display an icon indicating the photo is GeoTagged and also have tools to remove the GPS data before you post the picture!

Spyro

Jul 11, 2012

I asked for my current number to be transfered to a new phone, and my old phone to get a new # so that my 14 yr old would have a cell phone when went on a trip to see his grandparents in FL. After deactivating the old phone, they then advise me that they can't put a new # on it untill they mail me a new SIMM card. I asked them why they didn't tell me this BEFORE de-activating the old phone, and I was advised to tell my 14 yr old to use a pay-phone in the airport. After using TRAC Phone for 5 yrs, I will throw both phones out when the min are done and NEVER use them again. I'll try this # tomorrow, but i don't think it will help. The Customer service acts like their the only show in town. RUDE is not a strong enough word.

Kathy

May 19, 2012

Purchased my Tracfone from HSN in Sept. Then returned it to Tracfone for a REFURBISHED replacement thie past April. NOW they can't connect my voicemail to MY phone #.All my messages go to the previous owner's number, so I can't retrieve because his old number has been disconnected. They won't give me a new phone. What about the 1 year warranty. HSN won't stand behind the product, they keep sending me to Tracfone. And on it goes. I'm left without voicemail on a phone I bought 8 months ago!! I'm disgusted by business practices today.

Eric

Apr 30, 2012

I too have had issues with tracfone. i joined safelink, a program administered by tracfone, 16 months ago. Since then I have had at least 12 phones, 5 number changes, and still having problems. The last phone was replaced because the phone was stolen or lost, and they refuse to transfer the minutes I had left on the old phone. What the heck ?

JRO

Mar 18, 2012

I got a really good laugh at the tracphone replys. Here's a few things to remeber when talking to a customer:

1. Learn to speak English if you can;t please go back to school.

2. Maybe some people are ignorant, but thats no reason to denegrate them.

3. If you would stop reading your scripts and actually listened you might realize that the person you are treating like *** is actually intelligent.

May recent experience with your shoddy representatives is a benchmark in incompetence, so dont go complaining about us. Go look in the mirror.

Debbe

Mar 16, 2012

My husband and I both got the same phone for Christmas The T404G which has triple minutes for life. FUNNY my phone gets the triple minutes but his only gets double minutes WTF :sigh They say his phone is not enrolled in the triple minutes for life. ITS THE SAME *** PHONE

Peter S.

Mar 02, 2012

stop sending (texing) messages to number 413 563-8295 your using up :30 aitime with each message ...please reinburse the airtime you used up over the months ...

1-20 of 53 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Tracfone.
Filing a new complaint about
×