Tracfone - HSN and simply wireless did not inform the custome or a 60 day notice

Issue not resolved
Nov 08, 2011
review #273673

I am pissed at HSN with my tracfone order .The order was presented as being triple for life minutes and because I did nto open the packe and discover this ..I am out those extra minutes.

HSN did not mentin the 60 day activation period while chirping the benefits of this phine . HSN , you suck ...no more for me . QVC all the way from now on.

while those TV hosts are chirping about the benefits of this procduvt , do they tell yo that you must activate within 60 days ....Not on your life .

I called simply wireless and they said the info was given on air .I thimnk they are not telling the truth ,.

be98ae4
Had an experience with Tracfone?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
ljr

Sep 17

Same happened to me. I ordered it as a gift when surprise, I cannot have the minutes because the promotion expired. Shame on HSN. They never said to activate the phone immediately or lose the minutes. What a lousy way to do business. Never order a phone thru hsn, you don't get all you pay for and they tell you too bad.

Pat

Sep 06 Ocala, Florida

I bought this phone because my minutes were getting low, and figured what the heck spend a little more and get a phone I could talk text with. Well when I tried to get the minutes, same sad story, 60 days were up. I don't remember them saying 60 days to activate .Like my old phone better!

Judy

May 09

I ordered the LG Track phone from HSN in February 2014. During this time my father was diagnosed with cancer of the liver, back, lungs, and brain. We were in another City seeking treatment when the phone came. I just put it on the counter and left it until my father passed away . I tried to collect on the triple minutes I was promised but was told I only had 60 days to activate my phone and get the triple minutes for life. At no time did the sales people say anything about this being policy. I'm out $86.00 because of this. I complained and explained what had happened to HSN and Track phone. All I heard was I'm sorry but that is the policy.I will never use HSN again.

Freewolf

Mar 05

WOW!! TracPone And HSN I Would Have Never known Good Thing I Seen All These Post . And I Had Double Min Phone Worked Just Fine But Tracphone Will Take You For A Ride And Your Min.They Took Me. :cry

JIMBOB

Jan 21

HSN DOES THAT WITH A LOT OF THIR STUFF.
I HAVE HAD SAME ISSUE WITH TRACFONE FROM THEM.
TIRED OF RETURNING THINGS TO THEM. JIMBOB

Jan 13

hate tracfone and hsn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 26, 2013

yea same here why does HSN get away with it? i mean where is the justice for the customers isn't the the customer always right? :sigh

Offended

Sep 06, 2013

I also purchased a tracfone through HSN with the triple minutes promotional offer, to expire on Oct. 2014. I also signed up for their monthly value plan, although I had over 1,200 air time minutes. This was a mistake, because after I cancelled the monthly value plan, they cancelled my account and would not honor over 1,000 minutes that I had on my phone.

ginger

Apr 05, 2013 Denton, Texas

I purchased the HSN tracfone when they were promoting the OZ movie. I did hear the caution about 60 days, and the literature with instructions for activating which came wiht the phone also said "within 60 days of order date". The tracfone part went smoothly (I have owned tracfones for several years...all ok). HOwever,when I called to redeem the airtime, the automated system says the info I am entering is not in their records. When I called HSN about it, they said there is nothing they can do cause is through simplywireless...and no contact number for them other than automated...so I am sending it all back to HSN for refund.

Sterlingirl

Dec 04, 2012

Just bought 2 LG tracfones from HSN. 1/31/2013 was clearly given as date must be activated by on TV and in paperwork.Had no problem with getting minutes, transferring minutes or phone number from old fone. Sorry,so far very happy with it

Former HSN TRACFONE CUSTOMER

Feb 19, 2013 Union City, California

People should complain to their states Attorneys General with this illegal 60 day activation date. It is downright illegal. Since they sell across state lines it qualifies as a federal class action suit. Simply write a letter to your local tv news station consumer reporter to get on the case. Let's do it. People purchased these minutes and they are STEALING them

Margie V.

Nov 23, 2012

I bought this phone because by fiance talked me into it. I regret having it. I got it and the minutes they said was going to be there, was NOT. Now, I am very angry.

Lisa

Jun 15, 2012

Wish I had seen your post earlier.I just got ripped off too. Been a customer 25 years but not anymore. Bought these phones from HSN before and didn't have to activate in 60 days. I called HSN and nothing they would do. Cant believe it.They said nothing in the presentations I watched about 60 days .

LINDA

Jan 01, 2013 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! DIDNT ACTIVATE BECAUSE WAS A XMAS GIFT. I AGREE THEY NEVER SAID TO ACTIVATE WITHIN 60 DAYS WHILE ON AIR .....THE TRAC PHONE PKGING OR THE HSN ORDER SLIP SAYS NOTHING ABOUT ACTIVATING IN 60 DAYS....WE PAID FOE A PHONE WITH 1400 MINUTES AND THEY ARE NOT HONORING OUR PURCHASE....RIP OFF!!!
I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN & NEITHER WILL MY 3 DAUGHTERS & 4 SISTERS. I WILL ALSO BE SPREADING THE WORD AMONG MY FRIENDS . IT WILL GIVE ME A LITTLE SATISFICATION TO KNOW THEY WILL LOSE MORE BUSINESS THEN THIS PROBLEM COST ME....SPREAD THE NEWS ......I SURE AM.

Bob Fatone in Connecticut 0635

Mar 13, 2012

a word of note-caution for anyone that wants to transfer their existing LAND-LINE to a cell phone and if you also have incoming DSL service coming in on your existing land-line - if you transfer your land-line existing telephone number over to your new cell phone, then there is a real chance that your DSL service will also be terminated, as most carriers seem to want to demand that they also have your land-line in order to provide your DSL - just a word of caution BEFORE you do this change - call your telephone company AND DSL service providers - this happened to me and i was both without my normal land-line telephone AND also did not have DSL for 2 week's and in the end not only had to re-install my home land-line phone, but also to renegotiate a new DSL agreement! - what an un-pleasant surprise! - in the end maybe it worked out as the new DSL service is faster and at the same or less price - good wishes to you all - Bob in Ct. :cry :? :)

1-20 of 22 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.