Tracfone - HSN and simply wireless did not inform the custome or a 60 day notice

I am pissed at HSN with my tracfone order .The order was presented as being triple for life minutes and because I did nto open the packe and discover this ..I am out those extra minutes.

HSN did not mentin the 60 day activation period while chirping the benefits of this phine . HSN , you suck ...no more for me . QVC all the way from now on.

while those TV hosts are chirping about the benefits of this procduvt , do they tell yo that you must activate within 60 days ....Not on your life .

I called simply wireless and they said the info was given on air .I thimnk they are not telling the truth ,.

More Review Details

Helpful? 30 Yes 30 21 No 21
Had the same issue 24 Yes 24
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
art

Aug 21 #1023021 Denver, Colorado

i also was not aware ofthe 60 day ***. i did not open the box becuse i still had time on the old phone an wanted to use them up rather than transfering to the new phone. I will be returning the phone. i am sure one of the other shopping networks will have something along this line sooner or later. Question; why sould it matter when you activate the phone?
Art

Aug 14 #1019693

My minutes were transferred though the Tracfone App Manager.

NO Problem

Aug 14 #1019691

The paperwork in the instruction box, informs you that you have 60 days to activate your triple minutes.

1 0 Reply
anonymous

Jul 31 #1014347 Minneapolis, Minnesota

anonymous
Listen to the complete presentation. Have ordered more than one tracfone thru HSN and have had no problems. they always say when you have to activate the phone or lose the promotional deal! You people are not listening!!!

Jul 04 #1003616

Hahaha I went thru QVC same deal but when I got the instructions to go to simplyapppack.com, they sent the iformatin for a different phone, LOL So no phone minutes from hsn and QVC they will say anything to sell something SO SUCKS

Jun 20 #997657 Brooklyn, New York

1st HSN and QVC are the same company. lol I was very pleased with the Andriod Actel phone - an excellent phone! BUT - my phone didn't come with the pin# either and tracfone was having phone issues the day i received it and tried to activate it. I had to get it from HSN's supervisor or its was going back that day. Once that was done activation was OK except someone else name keeps showing up when i call my friends. Whats more concerning is this - the phone is strictly a trac-fone, it has no SIM port or SIM card so you can't use it with another carrier - you're stuck with tracfone. Which in my quick assessment of looking at their offers online to buy minutes will eventually turn out to be very costly over the year. Most if not all major carries offer unlimited calls and texts so you don't have to worry about reordering (+tax) every time. This phone is for people who don't plan on using it alot.

1 0 Reply

Jun 03 #991078

Was not on air demo. No activation pin number on invoice where it was to be.

mark

Mar 18 #960289 Rochester, New Hampshire

I think a lot of you do not pay attention. You have to read everything or you miss out. All in the details!no problems here with HSN or tracfone. PAY ATTENTION!

ecw

Mar 12 #957241 Sacramento, California

HSN sucks. I purchased a LG 34C in black CASE. I had 900 minutes on my old TRACFONE LG. No matter what I try, I can not get the original 900 minutes transferred to the new phone would take place in 24 hours. I was promised that this transfer yet, HSN and tracfone have not been completed I will NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM HSN AGAIN.

TOTALLY TICKED OFF

Dec 21, 2014 #919152 Del Valle, Texas

I am totally irritated as this was a Christmas gift for my grandson (which I informed HSN when I ordered the damned phone). I am so angry I feel like consulting an attorney for Deceptive Trade Practices Act, which this type of thing falls under. They deceived the public on the air.

0 1 Reply
ljr

Sep 17, 2014 #871573

Same happened to me. I ordered it as a gift when surprise, I cannot have the minutes because the promotion expired. Shame on HSN. They never said to activate the phone immediately or lose the minutes. What a lousy way to do business. Never order a phone thru hsn, you don't get all you pay for and they tell you too bad.

0 1 Reply
Pat

Sep 06, 2014 #866745 Ocala, Florida

I bought this phone because my minutes were getting low, and figured what the heck spend a little more and get a phone I could talk text with. Well when I tried to get the minutes, same sad story, 60 days were up. I don't remember them saying 60 days to activate .Like my old phone better!

Judy

May 09, 2014 #813505

I ordered the LG Track phone from HSN in February 2014. During this time my father was diagnosed with cancer of the liver, back, lungs, and brain. We were in another City seeking treatment when the phone came. I just put it on the counter and left it until my father passed away . I tried to collect on the triple minutes I was promised but was told I only had 60 days to activate my phone and get the triple minutes for life. At no time did the sales people say anything about this being policy. I'm out $86.00 because of this. I complained and explained what had happened to HSN and Track phone. All I heard was I'm sorry but that is the policy.I will never use HSN again.

Freewolf

Mar 05, 2014 #791302

WOW!! TracPone And HSN I Would Have Never known Good Thing I Seen All These Post . And I Had Double Min Phone Worked Just Fine But Tracphone Will Take You For A Ride And Your Min.They Took Me. :cry

JIMBOB

Jan 21, 2014 #776318

HSN DOES THAT WITH A LOT OF THIR STUFF.
I HAVE HAD SAME ISSUE WITH TRACFONE FROM THEM.
TIRED OF RETURNING THINGS TO THEM. JIMBOB

Jan 13, 2014 #773080

hate tracfone and hsn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 08, 2014 #770564 Jupiter, Florida

i heard them tell that you had a certain amount of time in which to activate the phone.

Dec 26, 2013 #764167

yea same here why does HSN get away with it? i mean where is the justice for the customers isn't the the customer always right? :sigh

ransom

Jun 20 #997664

You said: "isn't the the customer always right?"
Answer: No!

Oct 01, 2013 #724210 Batesville, Arkansas

They do say to activate it within 60 days. Pay attention dork!!

2 0 Reply

1-20 of 33 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.