Tracfone - every call, get error message -34 bars are all showing

Aug 17, 2009
review #155277

I have ample minutes and days.Battery is fully charged.

Every call I have tried in the last month. I get the error message telling me that call cannot be completed..-34 is error message although the phone shows all bars visible. I like the idea of TracFone but a phone is not good if you can't make calls. The entire error message states "check call restrictions

-34"..

the last time I purchased an additional minutes card, I had to try several times before I could even reach TracFone to add the minutes and days to my phone..not very happy!

beff3e1
Had an experience with Tracfone?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Taylor

Oct 20

My phone still says no service I've tried everything b

Catfree1

Oct 26, 2013

Check Call Restriction 34 is the error code you get if you are not using the phone in the service area that you gave tracfone the zip code for. When you activate your phone, Tracfone chooses the strongest tower in the zip code you provided and associates it with the Sim card in your phone. For example if you are in an area where an A T & T tower is most strongest but you gave tracfone a zip code for an area that Verizon is most strongest, then the phone is going to be restricted in the area with the A T & T tower and work best in the area with the Verizon tower.

mksll2004

Aug 30, 2013 Lumberton, Mississippi

mine does the same thing...full bars but error 34.. when it comes up with error 34 its because it is roaming..you have full bars (yes) but it is in roaming..its not a regular signal

tampn il1626

Jun 28 Micco, Florida

how can it be in roaming if you haven't left you original area? I don't think that is true.

Marco

Jun 29

The Call restrction message its because there is a information mismatch in the systems we handle. IT department fixes the internal.change under carrier's authorization (Verizon, ATT or T-mo). Most of the times is needed either a new phone or SIM card since the customer causes the damage rebooting the phone several times...
Source: I'm a Tracfone's technician

0 2 Reply

Nov 07

Not true its a system error not a user error.

Sue

Jan 27, 2013 Herndon, Virginia

To the person who posted re the jew government - you are a biggoted ignoramous. Keep you racist comments to yourself!!!!

2 0 Reply
Martha

Oct 24, 2012

Shoot, so that's that one spoupess.

NIckie

Sep 09, 2012

I just got my tracfone and i keep getting the message error 34 everytime i try to call out what do i do?

Yay, it worked!

Aug 10, 2012

I had this problem as well--restriction 34 on my Sumsung Tracfone. I just saw the suggestion on this forum to turn the phone off and then back on. This worked for me. I am very happy now. Thank you Jake from Tuscan.

Same Problem When Traveling -3

Aug 10, 2012

I have the same problem when traveling. I have two tracfones. One older and one newer. The old one works everywhere. Never had a problem. I there is signal, it works. The new one is very poor. It works less than 50% of the time. Fails with the -34 error code. There is no help from Tracfone support. Nothing really fixes this problem. I have a theory. The new phone has triple minutes and the old one has double minutes. I think when we are in certain areas the triple-minute phone does not pay enough per minute to the carrier. Tracfone is a parasite on other carriers networks. Tracfone does not have a network and thus has to pay other carriers. The triple-minute phone only pays about $.08 per minute. Maybe not enough to make some carriers happy. My working phone is double minutes and pays about $.12 per minute. Just a theory.

L. Fiske

Jul 19, 2012

Same trouble here. My first phone worked fine for 4 years but the replacement is nothing but trouble. NOTHING but trouble.

jake

Jul 09, 2012

just turn it off (hold red button down 5 sec
....and then back on (red button down 5 sec.)
this usually gets it working again.

P M D

Jun 26, 2012

This is an error code fro SIM card recognition, not a problem with charging etc. The code for your account no longer matches the code in your phone. According to another forum, calling the number given by comment 10 should get it fixed. Another comments suggested it may be because your service was switched from TMobile to ATT.

Jim

Jun 12, 2012

These phones are Junk. I'm sending mine back to their headquarters. Let's google tracfone headquarters, and rant and rave on that cities craigslist. I've tried every suggestion on here and nothing works. *** It!

Disgruntled

Mar 17, 2012

I am having the same sort of experiences. Looks like tracfone sucks. Check call restrictions even with 800 minutes and 300 service days trying to call from the same location I have been calling with the same phone for months.

They are probably pulling some sort of scam and since we can't rely on our jew government to deal with the corrupt business practices, we have no choice but to begin the process of starting the 4th reich.

0 4 Reply
Jeff

Jan 22, 2012

I tried to use my tracfone yesterday at Dulles International Airport. I bought a prepaid fone cause I'm out of country for most of the year. I thought this would be an inexpensive alternative to placing collect calls in airports while traveling. This is totally unacceptable.

Jesse

Jan 17, 2012

try taking the battery and sim card out then putting them back in. I had this problem and it worked for me.

0 1 Reply
Jan Freeman

Dec 08, 2011

I need to make a call to France right now and the guy that set up the code for me clearly messed something up and it will take yet another 3 hours to fix it, this is all so frustrating, are these people just in business to collect money and not give service?, you pay inbound and outbound fees and that includes their service.

1-20 of 58 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.