Tracfone - every call, get error message -34 bars are all showing

I have ample minutes and days.Battery is fully charged.

Every call I have tried in the last month. I get the error message telling me that call cannot be completed..-34 is error message although the phone shows all bars visible. I like the idea of TracFone but a phone is not good if you can't make calls. The entire error message states "check call restrictions

-34"..

the last time I purchased an additional minutes card, I had to try several times before I could even reach TracFone to add the minutes and days to my phone..not very happy!

124a8a64 review #155277
21 42 Helpful?
Had the same issue80 Comments65
Had an experience with Tracfone?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Bob

Apr 15 Manitowoc, Wisconsin

I turned off my phone, and turned it on, and the problem went away!

Orville

Apr 04

I am having Call Restriction 34 problems for several weeks and NET10 has not been able to correct it even after several reports and two different Repair Tickets. I would not recommed this company and am going to change service. They should be able to correct tech. problems swiftly and permanently.

Mar 17 Belvue, Kansas

PLEASE HELP, OR I AM FORCED TO TURN YOU INTO THE BBB(BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU) WITH MY PROBLEMS OF N SERVICE OR CHECK CALL RESTRICTIONS 34 SOON.

Mar 17 Belvue, Kansas

I want to know what the icons are on the face of your tracfone, what they stand for.

Mar 14 Belvue, Kansas

how do you get your phone out of the check call restrictions 34, I am getting tired of not being able to make any calls, this is pure ***.

Taylor

Oct 20, 2014

My phone still says no service I've tried everything b

Catfree1

Oct 26, 2013

Check Call Restriction 34 is the error code you get if you are not using the phone in the service area that you gave tracfone the zip code for. When you activate your phone, Tracfone chooses the strongest tower in the zip code you provided and associates it with the Sim card in your phone. For example if you are in an area where an A T & T tower is most strongest but you gave tracfone a zip code for an area that Verizon is most strongest, then the phone is going to be restricted in the area with the A T & T tower and work best in the area with the Verizon tower.

0 1 Reply
mksll2004

Aug 30, 2013 Lumberton, Mississippi

mine does the same thing...full bars but error 34.. when it comes up with error 34 its because it is roaming..you have full bars (yes) but it is in roaming..its not a regular signal

tampn il1626

Jun 28, 2014 Micco, Florida

how can it be in roaming if you haven't left you original area? I don't think that is true.

Marco

Jun 29, 2014

The Call restrction message its because there is a information mismatch in the systems we handle. IT department fixes the internal.change under carrier's authorization (Verizon, ATT or T-mo). Most of the times is needed either a new phone or SIM card since the customer causes the damage rebooting the phone several times...
Source: I'm a Tracfone's technician

1 4 Reply

Nov 07, 2014

Not true its a system error not a user error.

TracFoneSux

Dec 20, 2014 Atlanta, Georgia

@Marco - That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Blaming the customer for damaging the phone by restarting it? Lmao. Idiots.

Sue

Jan 27, 2013 Herndon, Virginia

To the person who posted re the jew government - you are a biggoted ignoramous. Keep you racist comments to yourself!!!!

Martha

Oct 24, 2012

Shoot, so that's that one spoupess.

NIckie

Sep 09, 2012

I just got my tracfone and i keep getting the message error 34 everytime i try to call out what do i do?

Yay, it worked!

Aug 10, 2012

I had this problem as well--restriction 34 on my Sumsung Tracfone. I just saw the suggestion on this forum to turn the phone off and then back on. This worked for me. I am very happy now. Thank you Jake from Tuscan.

1 0 Reply
Same Problem When Traveling -3

Aug 10, 2012

I have the same problem when traveling. I have two tracfones. One older and one newer. The old one works everywhere. Never had a problem. I there is signal, it works. The new one is very poor. It works less than 50% of the time. Fails with the -34 error code. There is no help from Tracfone support. Nothing really fixes this problem. I have a theory. The new phone has triple minutes and the old one has double minutes. I think when we are in certain areas the triple-minute phone does not pay enough per minute to the carrier. Tracfone is a parasite on other carriers networks. Tracfone does not have a network and thus has to pay other carriers. The triple-minute phone only pays about $.08 per minute. Maybe not enough to make some carriers happy. My working phone is double minutes and pays about $.12 per minute. Just a theory.

L. Fiske

Jul 19, 2012

Same trouble here. My first phone worked fine for 4 years but the replacement is nothing but trouble. NOTHING but trouble.

1 0 Reply

1-20 of 65 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.