Tracfone - Every call, get error message -34 bars are all showing

I have ample minutes and days.Battery is fully charged.

Every call I have tried in the last month. I get the error message telling me that call cannot be completed..-34 is error message although the phone shows all bars visible. I like the idea of TracFone but a phone is not good if you can't make calls. The entire error message states "check call restrictions

-34"..

the last time I purchased an additional minutes card, I had to try several times before I could even reach TracFone to add the minutes and days to my phone..not very happy!

review #155277
26 48 Helpful?
Had the same issue107 Comments68
Had an experience with Tracfone?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 24 #999116

I got same 34 code. customer service said I need new phone, she had me enter codes to deactivate phone which "0" out my 331mins and "0" service days and sent new phone.. I've been 2 days, 4 operators and 3hrs today and still on hold trying to retrieve original cell number and 331 minutes..

Jun 10 #993457 Saint Paul, Minnesota

Turned off phone and then turned on again and the problem went away. I've had a Tracfone for years and it's been a great deal for our family. Glad this issue had an easy resolution.

May 27 #988718

HAD TRACFONE CALL RESTRICTION 34, ON ALL CALLS, JUST TOOK OUT BATTERY AND SIM CARD WHILE TURNED ON, AND IS NOW WORKING, THANX

Bob

Apr 15 #972413 Manitowoc, Wisconsin

I turned off my phone, and turned it on, and the problem went away!

1 0 Reply
Orville

Apr 04 #967852

I am having Call Restriction 34 problems for several weeks and NET10 has not been able to correct it even after several reports and two different Repair Tickets. I would not recommed this company and am going to change service. They should be able to correct tech. problems swiftly and permanently.

Mar 17 #959675 Belvue, Kansas

PLEASE HELP, OR I AM FORCED TO TURN YOU INTO THE BBB(BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU) WITH MY PROBLEMS OF N SERVICE OR CHECK CALL RESTRICTIONS 34 SOON.

Mar 17 #959674 Belvue, Kansas

I want to know what the icons are on the face of your tracfone, what they stand for.

0 3 Reply

Mar 14 #958436 Belvue, Kansas

how do you get your phone out of the check call restrictions 34, I am getting tired of not being able to make any calls, this is pure ***.

Taylor

Oct 20, 2014 #887778

My phone still says no service I've tried everything b

Catfree1

Oct 26, 2013 #733770

Check Call Restriction 34 is the error code you get if you are not using the phone in the service area that you gave tracfone the zip code for. When you activate your phone, Tracfone chooses the strongest tower in the zip code you provided and associates it with the Sim card in your phone. For example if you are in an area where an A T & T tower is most strongest but you gave tracfone a zip code for an area that Verizon is most strongest, then the phone is going to be restricted in the area with the A T & T tower and work best in the area with the Verizon tower.

2 8 Reply
mksll2004

Aug 30, 2013 #709332 Lumberton, Mississippi

mine does the same thing...full bars but error 34.. when it comes up with error 34 its because it is roaming..you have full bars (yes) but it is in roaming..its not a regular signal

0 1 Reply
tampn il1626

Jun 28, 2014 #833488 Micco, Florida

how can it be in roaming if you haven't left you original area? I don't think that is true.

Marco

Jun 29, 2014 #833832

The Call restrction message its because there is a information mismatch in the systems we handle. IT department fixes the internal.change under carrier's authorization (Verizon, ATT or T-mo). Most of the times is needed either a new phone or SIM card since the customer causes the damage rebooting the phone several times...
Source: I'm a Tracfone's technician

4 7 Reply

Nov 07, 2014 #896778

Not true its a system error not a user error.

TracFoneSux

Dec 20, 2014 #918683 Atlanta, Georgia

@Marco - That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Blaming the customer for damaging the phone by restarting it? Lmao. Idiots.

3 0 Reply
Sue

Jan 27, 2013 #599959 Herndon, Virginia

To the person who posted re the jew government - you are a biggoted ignoramous. Keep you racist comments to yourself!!!!

3 2 Reply
Jewboy

Dec 20, 2014 #918682 Atlanta, Georgia

Oh, shut it Jew.

1 1 Reply
Martha

Oct 24, 2012 #559497

Shoot, so that's that one spoupess.

NIckie

Sep 09, 2012 #540044

I just got my tracfone and i keep getting the message error 34 everytime i try to call out what do i do?

1-20 of 68 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.